Fighting the Fake Vegeta

Goku looked puzzled at this purple Vegeta.

"And why are you purple? Did you get space gunk all over you?"

The copy Vegeta smiled and laughed. "You are not very bright, Kakarot. A fool like yourself should really use his head a little bit more."

"Well I have taken Vegeta's advice on that before and that did work, as well as not work on some occasions but I still try and use my head." Goku says as he steps in front of me and the boys.

Vegeta doesn't have all the time in the world. He needed to be saved. I couldn't let him die like this.

It was honestly hard to see him defenseless like this. Out of all the years I've known him, I've never seen him powerless. He was always strong, even if his arrogance seemed more powerful than his real strength. His face doesn't show weakness, it doesn't show that he is scared. I can sense that he is scared, I don't have to be a Saiyan Guardian to truly know that. I just know.

Goku and Vegeta's copy battle, kicks and punches being thrown. Goku using instant transmission to get the upper hand and the copy not being able to keep up. Vegeta vocally tells the clone that he is missing all these openings and not dodging properly. When the copy sends Goku flying, Vegeta cheers for the copy.

"Dad! What are you doing? You know if this clone wins, you will disappear and die!" Trunks says, yelling at the real Vegeta.

Vegeta looks at Trunks and I know anger is boiling within him. He yells out in anger and tries to hit his clone but he phases right through him. My eyes grew wide while I saw Vegeta pass through the clone like a ghost.

"You have to win as fast as you can! You cannot let Kakarot get into your openings. You are very sloppy in your fighting style."He yelled at his clone, as if he was trying to teach him to fight better.

"And you, Kakarot, do not hold back! You are too soft. You need to treat this copy as your enemy, not a training partner." Vegeta said as he scolded Goku on his fighting style.

He then returned next to me and watched like a teacher who just scolded his students.

"What the heck was that?!" I asked him and he kept his eyes on the fight. I don't think I would ever get a real answer out of him. Did he go crazy?

Both Goku and Copy Vegeta looked at Vegeta as if he was crazy. I don't know if it was to get into their heads but it did make the fight a little more interesting... even though I thought Vegeta was basically trying to sign his death warrant.

Goku and Copy Vegeta then returned to the  battle. Goku quickly powered up to Super Saiyan Blue and so did Copy Vegeta. To everyone's surprise, we watched the copy transform as if he had that power all this time.

I became quite concerned. What is going to happen to Vegeta? How can I slow this fading?

I took the hairpin out of my hair and it transformed into my staff. I then made a book appear in front of me and looked up spells I could do to try to reduce the fading time.

I started to draw an intricate circle in the dirt around Vegeta, with the rim having symbols drawn with a delicate flick of the end of my staff. I then tapped my staff twice on the ground, whispering an incantation as the circle began to glow. Vegeta kept his eyes glued to the battle, not even noticing this glowing circle at his feet.

I then watched Vegeta, hoping it was slowing time in the ring I made. I could see the time slow down in the circle. He did not seem to fade as fast but I could feel my power being absorbed by the circle. I felt like the life was being drained away from me. Vegeta slowly turned his head to look at me and his face slowly grew concerned. I looked at him with a smile as I slowly stared to lose the strength in my legs. I fell to my knees, still holding onto the staff and whispering the incantation. I couldn't fail him.

The boys run over to check up on me.

"Aunt Akari, are you alright?" Goten asked me, his concerned welled up in his eyes.

I keep saying the words in my mind as I look  at Goten and then Trunks.

"I'm trying to slow time for Vegeta. We cannot let him fade."

"I'm afraid that will not be the best option. Slowing time will only delay the inevitable in a very small percentage. You will not be able to stop it forever." Potage said, he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I then slowly made the circle less powerful until it was at a safe time to let Vegeta go. Vegeta caught himself from the time jolt and then came to me.

Potage gave Vegeta a thing that looked like a pacifier and told him to chew on it. It is the key and it will give him more time but not too much time. Vegeta looks at it for a moment then places it in his mouth and then looks at me. It was a look that was questioning if I was okay. I nodded to him as if he asked me the question and used the staff to raise myself up a little. My energy was low but now I can start regaining it again now that I didn't have to feed my energy into the circle.

I stood there with the staff and watched the fight. Vegeta stood right beside me. He looked ridiculous with the pacifier in his mouth but I didn't want to laugh. It wasn't a good time to laugh. Vegeta was using it to give himself as much time as he can.

Jaco tries to capture this moment on film but his battery was dead on his camera. I rolled my eyes, thinking how childish Jaco was at times.

The battle becomes quite violent as the area around it began to crumble. We decided to move away from Goku and Copy Vegeta.

"This battle is going to last too long and become way too destructive! Is there any other way to defeat this clone?" Trunks asked and Potage said there was a way to weaken the clone.

Author's note:

Hello everyone!

Goodness it has been way too long since I've updated this story. I haven't touched Wattpad in ages to be honest. I've been busy with real life stuff. I have finally gotten the opportunity to write some while I get a break from my personal life. Think of this as an early Christmas present for my readers. And if you don't celebrate Christmas, think of this as a nice holiday present from me .

It's been awhile and I've missed it.

I hope you enjoyed and I hope my next chapter doesn't take as long as this one to publish.

Thank you for your support and until next chapter,

KatarinaTheSaiyan