The Saiyan Guardian's Turn

A guardian is said to protect something of value. A guardian is strong, brave, and willing to protect that thing of value with their life.

I am a guardian, a Saiyan Guardian... a race that survived that was perfectly fine with or without a guardian. They were strong and never needed protecting.

I could never really protect Vegeta or Goku...

I'm weaker than them... I'm no guardian to them, I'm just a girl with powers that can heal them...

I stood, thinking about what was going to happen next. Was I going to die? Was I going to have my butt handed to me?

I wasn't really exactly sure... I just really wanted to make sure everything was going to be okay...

It's hard to make sure everything works out... it's nothing but pure hope that you need to live on.  

I swallowed... looking at the arena below me. Was I going to even be a fighting chance to that assassin?

I looked and  wiped the tears from my eyes. I really was scared of this. I was afraid to get hurt... which was unlike me... Usually I love a good fight, but this, this has the fate of the world on my shoulders. Sure Goku would face him after me, but what if even Goku doesn't stand a chance? 

I closed my eyes, took a deep breath and stayed on the edge of the floating platform.

"You will do great, Lady Katarina." Whis said as he stood behind me. His presence behind me soothed my nerves. He placed his hand on my shoulder.

"You will be ok. Remember your training and fight with everything you have..." I nodded, then he whispered, "my dear", kissed my cheek and then left...

I stood there stunned. He kissed my cheek. 

I then pushed off and landed in the arena with grace. My new Gi Whis made gave me a graceful presence on the battle field as I took my stance and waited for the announcer. 

Would this new found grace give me confidence? 

"And now the fight between contestant Akari and contestant Hit shall commence!" 

I breathed deeply and made my move. With determination, I turned Super Saiyan and flew over to Hit, punching and kicking and watching. Was he going to make a move?

He punched me in the arm and I felt the shooting pain rush from it. I held my arm and tried to feel for a break. Thankfully, there was no break that I could feel, but my arm still had a stinging pain to it. I then started trying to trip him up, but he seemed to have teleported and hit me in the back of the head. The force made my head shoot foreword and made my brain scramble. 

With this new headache, it made me hard to concentrate on what I was doing... Damn... He really did a number on my head.

I tried to shake off this new pain, but it would never seem to let up. I blinked a few times, trying to focus, but there was no sense of focus... 

"Come on, Katarina. I trained you better than this." His voice echoed in my head. 

"You will do fine...my dear." His voice echoed in my head as well... 

I looked at Hit and with my newfound focus and determination, my guardian blood boiled. 

"Well, you may have gotten a few hits on me now, but you have no comprehension on what I can do to you..." 

I took my pin out of my hair and transformed. I looked at Hit and targeted him with my vines, his arms now wrapped in my green webbing. I delivered and upper cut to the jaw as my vines held him in place.

"SHE IS CHEATING!!" Champa bellowed as I kept hitting Hit. 

"SHE ISN'T CHAMPA! LADY KATARINA IS A MAGIC USER." Beerus explained to his annoying brother.

"But that is not fair, Beerus! She is suppose to be a fighter!"

"And she is one! Let her fight!" 

"No! It's against the rules!"

"There were no rules on that, my Lord." Vados said as she tried to calm down Champa.

"But! If that Saiyan can use magic, that makes Hit have an unfair disadvantage." Champa tells Vados.

"But, my Lord, it is part of her. Beings with magic powers use those powers to protect themselves. It's like a defense mechanism."

"You! Saiyan boy!"

"Yes?" Cabba replies.

"Do you know magic?"

"No, I don't and neither do any of the Saiyans on my planet..."

"So are you saying this Saiyan woman is unique?"

"You better beileve it, Brother." Beerus said as he laughs. "She is quite a fighter for a woman."

I smiled at the comment and went to make sure Hit wouldn't be able to punch me. I kicked him in the face but he didn't budge.

I kept hitting him but nothing seemed to really effect him. This got me steamed.

I threw him down with my vines and started charging up for an attack.

Hit got back up just in time.

"Galic GUN!" I screamed and released the blast on Hit but he easily dodged and he grabbed me, he grabbed my neck. I couldn't breathe...

I gasped for air but I was starting to feel a little lightheaded...

"Please... stop... you... bastard..." I gasped. I heard the gasps from my friends that were cheering me on. I didn't often sware, but there I was... I guess Vegeta rubbed off on me...

I coughed, his grip on me tightened.

"You will be ok...Katarina." Hit whispers in my ear. It was the promise an assassin would say, the leathalness is in his voice.

"... you are right..." and I stopped breathing and let myself go limp.

I only saw black at first... but then I felt myself fall... the cries of many... and even the cold fingertips of someone touching my neck...

I then felt that little jolt, that determination... I used my magic and targeted Hit, blind.

I heard vines grow and the startled voices around me.

I looked into the darkness and Vegeta was standing there.

"Come on, Katarina, you are better than this. Get up you pathetic girl!"

"Don't listen to the insult, Lady Katarina." Whis came from the other side. "You do need to wake up, but you are not pathetic." He said as he knelt down to me and tucked a lock of my hair behind my ear and gave me a kiss on the forehead.

"Now come on, you have a fight to finish." Whis told me as he offered his hand. I took it and I could finally see.

I saw hit standing next to me, vines wrapped around him.

I got up and uppercutted his jaw. In return he breaked the vines and hit my neck.

I blacked out...