Bonus Chapter: The Eternal Blue Sky

"Am I going to be a father?!" Avernus muttered in surprise, eyes starting to beam with hope as they clung onto Velvet. She blushed more as Avernus' eyes widened in excitement.

Medissa smiled amusingly at Avernus and Velvet. She finally took a glimpse of the real Lord of Calamity and the Shepherd. Velvet, as a simple soon-to-be-mom, and Avernus, just a hopeful father that his determination paved the way for a bright future.

"You're already a father," Medissa said to Avernus and turned to Velvet, which her cheeks crimsoned even more. "And you are a mother."

Velvet turned to Medissa before lowering her head in uncertainty.

Avernus walked to Velvet and raised her chin slowly to meet her gaze. Velvet blinked for a few seconds before escaping his eyes again. "Is this what you want? A-Are you happy?" Velvet asked unsurely in a low voice.

Avernus immediately pulled her into a tight embrace, making her pirate hat fall and smiled in satisfaction. "Of course I wanted this! What kind of question is that?!" He pressed his face against her silky hair and her head. "I never thought I could be this happy."

Velvet slowly hugged him back. "I just want to be sure."

Avernus kissed her forehead softly, looking into her eyes afterwards and whispering. "Let me be more clear; I wanted this, and I feel that I'm the happiest man alive."

Kamoana jumped up and down cheerfully, watching them before turning to Medissa. "That's awesome! Mom, I want a little sister or a brother too!"

"Not now, Kamoana!" Medissa mumbled, frowning at her daughter scoldingly.

Suddenly, Avernus pulled himself away from Velvet, looking strangely anxious and worked up as he remembered something. He became a ball of frenetic power, talking in pace. "I need to start building our new home. This calls for preparations-"

Medissa raised a hand to stop Avernus' rambling. "Slow down, Avernus, or you will freak out your wife."

Avernus exhaled deeply, calming himself. "You're right. But-" He turned to Velvet. "You need to stay here in Aball, where it is safer."

Velvet's brows knotted at his bossy tone. "Hold on! I'm in charge here, not you!"

"You are my wife, and you're pregnant, for goodness' sake! I can't let you go and endanger your life and our child!"

Medissa shook her head as her eyes flicked from Avernus to Velvet. She intervened before it turned into a full-blown argument. "Avernus is right, Velvet."

They both whipped her head at Medissa as she nodded at Velvet. "You're at least one month pregnant, and your therion powers are gone. You should let go of the dangerous adventures for now." Medissa smiled slightly, shifting the mood for the better as she tilted her to the side. "And prepare to be a mom!"

Velvet blushed and placed a hand on her belly. "I-" A burst of motherly emotions began to take over her soul and body. Velvet surrendered to Avernus and sighed. "Alright. I need to talk to Benwick about Van Eltia and give him the instructions along Eizen."

Avernus cucked his head and smiled proudly. "And I will need to make preparations for our new home. In the meantime, it is for the best you to stay here in Aball until I can finish our new house."

Velvet recalled that Maotelus advised Avernus to build their new home on the rim of a safe area called Elysia by the Seraphim. But he had to contact the "Guardian" Seraph first.

Velvet stepped closer. "How long do you think you will be away?"

"I will try to come back soon. But there are matters that I need to settle in the palace. The Platinum Knights need their final lessons and appointing their first captain. Zaveid and Theodora have dug out some ancient artes that can help the pacing construction process. If everything goes well, I can be here with you sooner than you think."