Chapter 2

hello :) soo... i wrote this next part... i hope you guys are liking this story so far :\ i mean i only have one chapter up, but still!!! okay, well here it is :) ENJOY <3

EMMA’S P.O.V.

            When I walked through the front door of my house that afternoon, I dropped my backpack at the front door. A minute hadn’t even passed when I felt my phone vibrate in my back pocket. I smiled at it as I walked into the kitchen to find Darcy and my mom talking at the island.

            “Who are you texting?” my mom asked as I stared at the text I’d gotten from Leo. It was so simple, but it made my heart flutter knowing that he was actually thinking of me.

            “No one,” I mumbled as I looked through the fridge for the iced tea. I quickly typed back a response to Leo and stuffed my phone into my back pocket.

            “It’s Leo,” Darcy told my mom. “You can see the drool at the side of her mouth.”

            My mom laughed and I spun around, closing the door to the fridge in the process.

            “Mom! Darcy’s been teasing me all day…” I slightly whined. My mom only smiled and looked back down at the iPad she was reading news articles on. I groaned and got a glass out of the cabinet and poured myself a glass of iced tea. As I was drinking it, my phone vibrated in my pocket again.

            How are you, lovely? :)

            I swear my heart skipped a beat, just reading the text. I put my glass down and quickly tapped away at the screen in response to him. I didn’t even hear the front door open and my dad walk into the kitchen. I was too busy waiting for Leo’s response.

            “Hello my favorite girls in the world,” my dad said happily, giving me a kiss on the top of my head. I hid my phone from him. “Who are you texting, Em?” he asked as he kissed Darcy on the top of her head as well. I looked down at the counter.

            “My friend…”

            “Her boyfriend,” Darcy corrected.

            I looked away as my dad kissed my mom for much longer than he should have. He pulled away and looked at me. “Emma, Leo’s your boyfriend?”

            “No!” I insisted. “He’s not. Darcy’s being stupid.”

            “I’m not being stupid, they’re in love…” My sister tilted her head a little bit at me.

            “Yeah? And you’re in love with Javaad too!”

            Her face turned red. “No I’m not!” She turned to my parents. “I’m not.”

            My dad was looking between the two of us, both with completely red cheeks. “Okay…” his voice trailed off and he wrapped his arm around Mom’s waist. It looked like he was about to start kissing her neck, which I actually thought was the worst. Well them kissing was pretty bad too, but the neck kissing… I didn’t particularly like it.

            “Harry, they’re two hormonal teenage girls, they’re starting to develop feelings for some certain boys…” my mom looked up at my dad who looked down at her. He nodded slowly.

            “Oh, I see how it is…” my dad kinda smirked at the two of us, but I looked down at the counter and then at the screen of my phone. I texted Leo back again and stuffed my phone back into my pocket. “So who is it? Leo with Emma, obviously.” I put my hands out and my dad laughed at me. “Come on Em, it’s been like that your entire life… and Darcy with Javaad? Hmm… I never thought of that one.”