Chapter 4

okay, i know how many of you are totally freaking out that i haven't uploaded, but i've actually been BUSY. i had a model UN conference this weekend and the hotel we stayed at had no internet, and i didn't have my laptop and blah blah blah. So here's the chapter my impatient little fucks ;) okay, you know i love you all <3

FOUR DAYS LATER

            I took a deep breath and looked at myself in my mirror again. My turquoise, strapless dress looked alight on me. I felt like it could look better, but this was all I had to wear. It went to my mid-thigh, but I felt like it was shorter. I wore black ballet flats too, because I didn’t know how to walk in heels. I’d already spent a long time fixing my hair, and I still wasn’t impressed with it.

            “Em, are you ready?” Darcy asked, knocking on my door and letting herself in. “Wow, you look great.”

            “Do I?” I asked, still not so sure about my outfit.

            “Yes, what about me?”

            I looked at my sister who had on a short dress from Hollister that was white with red flowers all over it. Her hair was pinned up so that only a few pieces fell on the side of her face.

            “I love it,” I said sincerely. “It’s so much better than mine…”

            “Em, what are you talking about?” Darcy walked over to me and looked in my full length mirror with me. “It fits you perfectly, it’s just the right length, and that color looks amazing on you. You look hot.”

            I exhaled and looked at my feet. “Thanks…”

            “Emma and Darcy! Leo and Javaad are here!” my mom yelled up the stairs. We looked at each other and took a deep breath before we stepped out of my bedroom. I was really nervous to go downstairs actually. Leo would actually see me in my dress. Well, I wanted him to, but I still had the feeling he was going to hate it.

            Darcy ran down the stairs and gave Javaad a big hug. He’d asked her on Wednesday to go to the dance with him. They had a thing going on between them ever since the beginning of the school year and they made it so obvious too.

             I was still halfway down the stairs. I could see Leo. He was right there, staring at me. Oh god, I was so bad at staring. When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I slowly walked up to Leo. Darcy and Javaad were already flirting up a storm behind Leo, but I mostly ignored them.

            “Hey,” I said my voice a little bit higher than normal.

            Leo smiled at me. “You look amazing, Em.” He hugged me and I was so happy that my mom had walked back into the kitchen where my dad was. I looked over at Darcy who was taking Javaad into the kitchen with her. I did the same with Leo and my parents smiled at us.

            “Darcy and Emma, you look gorgeous.” My mom smiled at us and I looked at the floor, my cheeks going hot.

            “Thanks…” I mumbled, looking down at my feet.

            “I’ll drive,” my dad offered. He walked into the foyer and grabbed the keys. I said a quick goodbye to my mom and the four of us walked into the foyer and out the front door.

            Basically, the entire night was pretty awkward, but still fun at the same time. Leo and I talked a lot, and it was pretty comfortable. At the end of the night, the DJ played the first slow song and Leo awkwardly asked me to dance.