Chapter 17

heeeeeellllllooooo mmmmmyyyyy loooooveeeeeessss <3 how are you all?? sorry it's a really late upload, i'm going to bed right after this, but i wanted to upload tonight since i haven't in like a week... so i hope you like this chapter :) >>>> that's Beau over there. He's really hot.... ENJOY EVERYONE <3

FOUR MONTHS LATER – EMMA’S P.O.V.

            I ran down the stairs one morning and into the kitchen where I immediately gave my dad a hug. “Happy birthday!” I exclaimed, hugging my dad tightly.

            He laughed out loud. “Thanks babe. Aren’t I getting old?”

            I shrugged. He was now forty-six years old. I guess that was a regular parent’s age. I looked up at my dad, resting my chin on his chest. He leaned down and kissed my forehead.

            Mom walked tiredly into the kitchen, still in her pajamas. I let go of my dad and walked over to the fridge. I saw, out of the corner of my eye, the two of them hugging each other. Dad started kissing her neck and I nonchalantly cleared my throat.

            “We should wait until Darcy gets down for us to give you your present,” Mom said softly while still in Dad’s arms.

            “I can go wake her up,” I offered, a smirk crossing my face.

            “I think that’s okay, Em,” my mom smiled at me, resting her head on Dad’s shoulder. He kissed the top of her head a couple times.

            I turned away and went into the pantry to pull out a granola bar for myself. I sat at the counter, half watching my parents softly talking to each other. I toyed with the necklace that Leo had gotten me for my birthday, sliding the heart shaped pendant up and down the silver chain.

            Darcy walked in a couple minutes later and smiled at Dad before quickly giving him a hug. “You’re so old,” she teased.

            “Not my fault,” my dad shrugged and kissed the top of my sister’s head before she pulled away to fix herself her coffee that she started bringing to school.

            I gave my dad the present from Darcy and me and he thanked the two of us. “We went shopping together and put a lot of thought into that gift,” my sister told Dad before taking a sip of her coffee.

            “We actually didn’t know what you wanted,” I added, biting my bottom lip.

            “And Emma got distracted when we passed Forever 21.”

            My dad laughed a little bit and slowly opened the wrapping paper. “Whoa,” my dad gasped as he pulled out the Manchester United soccer jersey. “Where did you find this?” He turned it around to see the name on the back.

            “There’s this new store in the mall,” I explained. Darcy took another sip of her coffee.

            “Yeah,” she swallowed before she continued. “We split the cost. There were a lot of different players, but we just assumed that you liked Ferdinand the most.”

            My dad laughed again. “I do, he’s one of my favorite players.”

            Darcy turned and gave me a high five for helping choose a good gift for Dad. My mom stepped up to my dad and handed him a white envelope. He looked at her and it was as if they were silently talking to each other. My mom cleared her throat.