Chapter 6

Hey guys!! Well, I'm uploading from my iPod for the first time, so lets hope this works... But can you believe it?!? Two chapters in two days?!? I surely can't.... Well, I just finished this, and I really hope you like it. :) just so you know, I skipped a couple months without really saying it. It's kinda implied though... Well ENJOY<3 I love all you little goobers <3

As the school year chugged along, I tried to keep focused on my grades rather than my relationship status, because everyone knows that that is the only important thing in high school. So many girls had boyfriends, but I honestly didn't really care. Leo and I liked each other, we hung out together, I helped him with his math homework. That was basically our relationship. After he kissed me, we didn't really say much to each other afterwards, just because Darcy and Javaad made it so awkward. Mom and Dad didn't find out either, so we just kinda forgot about it. I mean, I didn't want to forget about it; it was still in the back of my mind, it was just a little bit awkward around Leo. He didn't even bring it up though, and when I'd tutor him in math, we stayed in my kitchen, most of the time my mom was starting dinner right in front of us. I guess the two of us were just really good friends. Really good friends who happened to kiss each other once.

We were sitting in my living room on the couch together. It was nearing eight o' clock, and we still weren't even halfway through with Leo's math packet.

My parents were sitting in the kitchen and I could tell they were 'secretly' spying on us, making sure neither of us made a move or anything. I was too busy trying to explain the concepts that we learned in the beginning of the school year. Finals were coming up, and Leo was getting nervous, I could tell.

All the sudden, the power went out. We were quiet for a minute, seeing if it would come back on, but it didn't. I looked at Leo. The entire room was dark since outside, it was getting darker out earlier.

"Emma," I heard my parents say.

"Don't worry, I'm still alive," I replied and Leo chuckled a little bit.

"I am too," Leo said a couple seconds later.

"Dad!" Darcy yelled from the second floor. She walked in, using the light from her cell phone as a flashlight. My mom found some candles in the cabinet in the dining room and gave one to Leo and me to use.

"Careful with that," she warned.

"Yeah Leo," I teased as I picked up my pencil again. I switched positions and laid down on the floor with his packet in front of me. He did the same, but across from me.

"Alright..." I started again.

LEO'S P.O.V.

I looked up at Emma as she spoke, the light from the candle throwing strange designs of light across her face. It accentuated her facial features though, making her look even more beautiful than normal. Exotic almost. It was quite distracting. I didn't even realize I was staring.

"Okay, I have my own homework, so you finish this on your own," Emma said, pushing my packet over to me and sitting up to pull another binder out of her backpack.

As we worked, I kept in mind that her parents were in the kitchen right next to us and could clearly see the two of us. I knew they were already keeping an eye on us.

I sat up as well and crossed my legs, desperately trying to concentrate on what was in front of me and not the beautiful girl reading trough her English text book and taking notes. I had the sudden urge to just kiss her. It'd been a couple months - actually half a year almost - since we'd kissed. I even told her I only ever wanted to kiss her. I wasn't lying.

If I blew out the candle, I could take my chance. She was sitting a couple feet away from me, the candle halfway in between the two of us. I nonchalantly turned around to find her parents sitting with their backs to us. I could tell they were listening to us though, even as they talked to each other.