Chapter 22

heeeyyy everyone :) well i didn't expect to upload today but i hope you're happy that i did :) more things are starting to happen and i hope none of it really gets confusing :\ i know there are kinda a lot of character, specifically guys that are linked to Darcy. Basically, right now there is Ryan, Javaad, and Beau. and then Emma only has Leo. so yeah :) If anyone can find me a person to play Ryan, feel free to tell me :) just remember, he has cancer, so he has no hair... but yeah, if you can think of someone, you can tell me :) okay ENJOY <3

DARCY’S P.O.V.

            “Uncle Louis!” I called frantically as I ran down the stairs from the second floor. I found him sitting on the couch and when he saw my expression, he sat up. “What’s wrong?”

            “Take me to the hospital.”

            “The hospital? Why in the world do you need to go to the hospital?” Uncle Louis stood up and I ran my hand through my hair.

            “My friend Ryan’s mom just texted me, and she said he’s in the hospital. Please, I need to go see him,” I begged and Uncle Louis let out a sigh.

            “What hospital is he at?”

            Uncle Louis had to hold me back from full out running straight into the hospital. “Just relax… I’m sure he’s fine…”

            I fell into step next to him and he kept his hand on my shoulder as we walked up to the front desk. I asked for Ryan Cudworth, and the nurse told me to wait in the waiting room. I tried not to roll my eyes, just because my parents always told me it was rude, and did as she told me to.

            We sat for around half an hour as I nervously tapped my foot, waiting for someone to call me to see him. I jumped up when Ryan’s mom showed up in the doorway, not expecting to see me. “Is Ryan okay?” I rushed and she nodded.

            “He’s been here for two days and he just got out of chemotherapy a couple hours ago.

            “But… he’s okay?”

            “Yes… he’s fine.”

            “Can I see him?” I asked hopefully and Uncle Louis stood up behind us.

            “Darce, I don’t think now is the time, he’s probably very tired…” I turned and looked at my Uncle Louis with big eyes before turning back to Mrs. Cudworth.

            “A couple minutes wouldn’t hurt. He actually doesn’t know that you’re here.”

            I felt my face light up and Uncle Louis followed Mrs. Cudworth and me out of the waiting room and over to the elevator. I talked a little bit to Ryan’s mom on the way up to the seventh floor about my summer so far, which really hadn’t been too eventful. I only ever looked forward to seeing Ryan.

            “Here’s his room…” Mrs. Cudworth said as she opened the door softly and started to lead the three of us in. Uncle Louis waited outside, though, saying that he’d be there when I came out. Ryan was blankly staring at the TV on in the corner of the bedroom and his head slowly turned to me.

            “Hey,” I said with a big smile and I walked over to him. I went to give him a hug when he stopped me.

            “Sorry I just came out of the chemo and I shouldn’t really be touching anybody…” His voice was soft and I nodded knowingly, sitting in the seat next to his bed. Mrs. Cudworth told us that she’d be waiting outside for us, and told me not to stay too long, since Ryan really needed to sleep.