Epilogue

i really hope you've liked this story <3 i love you all :) ENJOY! <3

            Dad pulled up at my college and parked his car. He was quiet as he got out of the car to grab my suitcase from the trunk. I followed and shut my door behind myself. He put my black suitcase on the sidewalk. We looked at each other.

            I wrapped my arms around his waist. “Dad, why do I have to grow up?” I whispered into his chest. I could feel myself beginning to cry.

            “You’ll be fine,” my dad tried to say with a sense of strength in his voice. I looked up at him and he was crying too. I swallowed back a knot in my throat, but I couldn’t hold back my tears.

            “I’m going to miss you so much,” I whispered, shaking my head.

            “You’ll do amazing here… I know you will,” my dad told me softly, but I was starting to doubt my decision coming.

            “I’m so far away from home.”

            “That’s okay… you’re okay…”

            I looked up at him and shook my head. “Don’t cry, Dad. You’re not allowed to…” I was merely whimpering by now, as my voice could not go any higher. 

            He held me tighter and I sniffled. “Call me as often as you can, okay? If you’re busy, call me on Sundays. Okay?”

            I nodded, but didn’t want to let go of my father. I went back to all the memories from when I was little. I wanted to be young and innocent again. I didn’t want to have anything to worry about. I didn’t want to grow up. “Remember when I would push Emma off the couch in the mornings…” I whispered, remembering that part of my childhood vividly.

            “Darce, you’re going to make me start crying even harder…”

            “I’m sorry,” I whimpered and I swallowed hard. “I don’t think I’m ready, Dad…”

            “You’re ready, Darcy. I know you are…” I looked up at my dad again and he wiped my tears away with his thumbs. “I love you, you know that…”

            “I don’t want you to go,” I whimpered again, shaking my head.

            “I have to…”

            I shook my head even more. “This has gone by too quickly…”

            My dad sniffled and nodded. “I know… way too quickly.”

            I looked up at him again, my bottom lip trembling.

            “You have to go,” my dad said softly, but I didn’t want to let go of his strong body. “I’ll always love you Darcy. Always. I’m just a phone call away and you can come to visit over the summer, okay?”

            “I love you too,” I whispered. I nodded, knowing that this was probably the last time I was going to hug my dad in a while. I slowly pulled back and wiped my face with my t-shirt sleeve. I sniffled and looked at my dad who was trying to compose himself. I took my suitcase and started walking over to the entrance of the school. I almost didn’t want to walk inside. I knew I had to, though. I turned around and waved goodbye to my dad for one last time before I opened the glass door and stepped into the college I would be attending for the next four years of my life.

EMMA’S P.O.V.

            Dad handed me my luggage out from the trunk of his car. I stood them up on the sidewalk and looked up at my dad. I bit my bottom lip hard. I heard he took Darcy leaving pretty hard. I wasn’t looking forward to this part.

            He immediately pulled me into a hug. “I can’t believe it’s this time already…” he whispered, shaking his head a little bit.

            I smiled a little bit and held him tighter. “I’ll be home to visit. I’m only a couple hours away.”

            “Then your sister is all the way in London. God knows what she’ll be up to over there.” My dad sniffled a little bit and I pulled back to look at him. He kissed my forehead and hugged me again. “You have no idea how proud I am of you…”

            “Thanks Dad,” I whispered over his shoulder. “I’m going to miss you so much…”

            “You’re going to do great, okay? I know you will. You’re the smartest girl I know.”

            I swallowed hard and nodded. We were both crying at this point. “Growing up sucks.”

            My dad chuckled a little bit and wiped his tears away. “It does. But you’re a beautiful girl. You’ll meet someone nice and you’ll be happy. And you’re not far. You’ll do great, okay?”

            I nodded and hugged him tighter.

            “You should go, they’re letting people in.”

            I wiped my cheeks after I pulled away and looked at my dad, nodding a little bit. “I love you Daddy,” I smiled at him and grabbed my suitcase.

            “I love you more. Call me when you can. If you’re busy, call me on Sunday, okay?”

            I nodded. “Okay…”

            With that, I gave him a small wave and a goodbye before I started walking with the couple other students rolling their suitcases into the building. I looked back at my dad once I reached the door and waved goodbye to him one last time.

Please COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT with what you thought :) i know it was short, but the afterward is next and that's gonna be longer :) I LOVE YOU ALL <3 

LOVE <3 Charlotte :)