Chapter 26

hey everyone!! i hope you like this new chapter :) please comment!!! it takes literally 2 seconds... DON'T BE A SILENT READER!!! enjoy <3 BYE <3

EMMA’S P.O.V.

            The next weekend, Darcy and I were baking Christmas cookies in our kitchen on a rainy day. I had always been a better cook and baker than Darcy was, so as we – well I – baked cookies, I had to stop her from eating the dough. She’d already turned on the mixer on high when there was flour inside, resulting in a giant puff of flour all over the both of us and my mom’s granite countertop.

            “I’m not even kidding, I will hit you with this spatula if you eat anymore cookie dough,” I threatened, trying not to laugh. Darcy playfully rolled her eyes and pulled her iPod out of her back pocket. She put it in the docking station on shuffle and music poured through the speakers.

            When a One Direction song came on, Darcy ran over to change the song.

            “You have ‘Rock Me’ on your iPod?!” I laughed as she changed the song and spun back around, turning pink in the cheeks.

            “I swear, it’s the only song I have by them on my iPod,” she insisted as she walked back over and tried to casually dip her index finger into the mixing bowl. I hit her with the wooden spoon. “Dude!”

            “I wasn’t kidding,” I laughed as I took another spoonful of the dough and plopped it on the sheet pan. “Go make sure the oven is preheated.”

            “It is,” Darcy said, kneeling down to look inside the oven and at the temperature on the stovetop. She opened the oven door and I put the first pan in and closed the door. I checked the time.

            “It’s 4:05. They’ll be done at 4:20. If you forget it’s your fault.”

            Darcy laughed and I went back over to the second sheet pan and started putting more of the cookie dough in rows.

            After a couple minutes, the front door opened and Dad walked into the kitchen, smiling widely when he found the two of us together. “Hello my loves,” he smiled and wrapped his arm around my waist before he gave me a big kiss on my cheek.

            “Hey Dad,” I giggled a little bit as he wrapped his arms tighter around my waist.

            “What are you making?” he asked, looking into the bowl.

            “Christmas cookies,” I told him. “Darcy already ate like half the dough.”

            Dad stepped back and kissed Darcy’s cheek from behind as well. “It’s nice seeing you two getting along,” he said, going into the fridge, but closing it after a minute.

            “Are you kidding, we always get along!” Darcy laughed and hugged me from the side. I dropped my spoon and hugged her back.

            “We love each other, Dad,” I smiled widely and he pulled out his phone to take a picture.

            At that moment, Mom walked into the kitchen as well and Dad looked over at her. It seemed as if they were silently speaking with each other. I pulled back from my sister and went back over to the pan that I had to finish spooning cookie dough onto.

            “Christmas cookies?” Mom asked, slowly sitting down across from us at the island. I nodded, smiling.

            “Yep!”