Chapter 23

hello everyone :) i can't believe i'm actually uploading within a couple days!!! :O i hope you like this chapter :) Javaad's finally back in it! And this is random, but there is this really cute freshman in my gym class and he kinda looks like how i picture Beau... only taller... but his name is Garret and he's really cute :) and i know i'm a sophomore and i am superior to freshman (xD) but he is really cute.. okay i'll let you read BYEEEE

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            “Darcy, aren’t you hungry?” Harry asked over dinner one night as we sat around our kitchen table. For the past ten minutes, she’d been absently rolling her peas around her plate, not eating them. It was strange, because she was normally very talkative.

            She shrugged. “Not really.”

            “Please don’t play with your food,” I said and she dropped her fork. Emma stayed quiet next to her. Darcy stared down at her plate.

            “Eat something,” Harry pressed, squeezing her forearm, “I haven’t seen you eat anything all day.”

            “I had a couple pretzels this afternoon,” she mumbled, turning her head away from her father. Emma looked at me and I sighed, finishing what was left on my plate. Once I allowed the girls to be excused, Darcy abruptly stood up from her chair and walked straight towards the foyer.

            “Em, why is she so upset?” Harry asked, gathering our plates and standing up to take them to the sink.

            She shrugged. “I don’t know.”

            “How’s Ryan?” I asked Harry, standing up and following him. He shook his head a little bit, not knowing the answer. “Em, is that why?” I asked, looking at my daughter who was stood up and standing at the counter.

            “I have no idea, maybe.”

            I sighed and looked towards the foyer. “I’m going to go see what’s wrong.”

            “Stop crying… stop crying…” I heard as I lightly knocked on Darcy’s door. Everything went silent. “Wait!”

            I already opened the door to find Darcy scrambling to find a tissue from her desk. She turned her back to me. “Darce, what’s wrong…”

            “I’m fine,” she answered curtly, wiping her nose and eyes and then tossing the tissues into the trash. She turned to me, her eyes red and puffy.

            “Do you want to talk about it?” I asked softly, stepping a bit closer to her. We were just about the same height, since her and her sister took after Harry and were pretty tall for their age.

            She seemed to clench her jaw hard and she turned her head to look at the floor. I stepped up to her and she hugged me, as she started crying again.

            “What are you so upset about?” I asked softly, rubbing her back. She turned to her bed and sat down on top of it as I sat on the side.

            “I’m such a fucking idiot…” she whimpered, wiping her eyes. I grabbed the box of tissues and put them on the bed next to her.

            “Darcy, no you’re not…”

            “Mom, you’re going to get so mad at me…” she whispered, looking down at her lap and sniffling.

            “I promise I won’t,” I said, rubbing her thigh and she exhaled heavily.

            “I… I w-wanted… to get over… Javaad, and so… I think… I mean I am… with…” she put her hands over her face and cried even more. “Beau. And I feel so bad… because I only hang out with him… to forget about Ryan… and whenever I’m alone… I think of Ryan… and I know he probably won’t make it much longer…” her voice cracked at the end and her tears started up again.