Chapter 19

oh my god... if the reads on this chapter don't work i might actually flip some shit... ugh, okay, so here's the chapter :) ENJOY <3

ONE WEEK LATER – EMMA’S P.O.V.

            Dear Emma, 

            I just wanted to say Happy Valentine's Day. It's been a while that we've been together. What is it now, a year and a half? I want to let you know that you are literally the most perfect girl in the world. Okay? Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. And just prepare yourself for the next time you see me because I'm going to have to give you a kiss. 

            Your boyfriend, 

            Leo 

            p.s. I love you. 

            I actually didn't know what to think when I opened the note that fell out of my locker after my second period class. I stared at it and read it over a couple more times, feeling my heart racing fast. My face finally broke out into a smile and I stuffed the note into my backpack, making sure not to crumple it. I closed my locker and started down the hallway to my next class, still in a daze. 

            Leo and I usually saw each other after fourth period when we were switching classes. We'd walk past each other and make faces at each other. That was the one time during the school day that I saw Leo, so I didn't know if he was going to kiss me in the middle of the hallway there or if he was going to wait until after school was over. 

            The bell signaling the end of fourth period rang and I walked out of my classroom, starting down the hallway. Kids started filing out of the classrooms on either side of the hallway, making the walking room in the hallway very cramped.

            Leo walked out of the classroom a couple doors ahead of me and he saw me. Why did he have to be so perfect? He just had to have the most strikingly handsome face with his amazing blue eyes and the cutest smile ever. "Hey Em," he smiled and walked past me. I felt my stomach drop. He didn't kiss me. 

            I continued walking and before I knew it, I felt a pair of hands on my waist, spinning me around and then a pair of lips fell on top of mine.

            “Did you think I forgot about what I promised?” Leo smiled on my lips and I felt myself giggling a little bit. “Did you like my note?”

            “Loved it,” I replied softly. I heard some whistling from guys walking past the two of us, probably some of Leo’s friends, but we ignored them. “I love you.”

            “Love you even more,” Leo whispered before he kissed me again. “Sorry, but I’ve really got to go.”

            “You’re coming over after school, right?”

            “Of course,” Leo answered, starting to walk backwards.

            “And you’re coming to my ice skating competition this weekend?” I turned my head, starting to walk backwards also.

            “Wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

            I made a heart with my hands and Leo did the same. He laughed a little bit and spun around on the heels of his feet, walking confidently down the hallway, his hands gripping onto the straps of his black backpack. I let out a small sigh. He killed me sometimes.