Chapter 16

oh my god, can you believe that i uploaded again??!?! i'm so proud of myself :) hehe well, i hope you like this chapter :) if you have any ideas for what the next couple chapters should be about, then please comment when you're finished reading :) thanks so much my loves <3 ENJOY <3

MAYA’S P.O.V.

            I walked back up to the main floor after having to go downstairs to do laundry. I heard the front door open and Harry walked in, running his hands through his hair. I smiled at him, but he didn’t return it. I frowned and walked into the kitchen, hearing his footsteps behind me.

            He walked right past me and over to the fridge where he pulled out a beer and used a dishtowel on the counter to help open the top.

            “What’s up?” I asked, turning to look at my husband.

            He shook his head and sat at the counter. “Nothing.”

            “Why are you so pissed off?” I scrunched my eyebrows a little bit and took a couple steps closer to him. “What did Darcy do?”

            Harry looked up at me. “I don’t like her and Javaad together.”

            I squeezed my eyebrows together. “Why not? It’s not like it’s anything serious.”

            “Maya, she and Emma are sixteen years old. I don’t want them having boyfriends.”

            I tilted my head. “Harry, you were sixteen when-”

            “This isn’t about me Maya! This is about my daughters!”

            “Well they’re my daughters too,” I said calmly. He took another big sip of his beer. “Come on Harry, its Leo and Javaad. We’ve known them since they were born. It’s not like their bad kids. They’re just really good friends. It’s not like the girls will get married to them.”

            “I don’t want them getting too serious with them, Maya. All sixteen year old boys are the same, and I don’t want Darcy or Emma getting in the wrong situations with them.”

            I exhaled deeply. He was way too protective over them. I honestly didn’t have a problem with the girls being with Leo and Javaad. Just so long as they didn’t kiss in front of me, I was fine. “Harry, they’re growing up. They’re going to have some feelings for guys. They aren’t twelve years old anymore.”

            He opened his arms for me and I walked up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck.

            “Just give them a chance. See how long they last,” I whispered, running my fingers through his hair the way that I knew he always loved. 

            I could hear Harry sigh into the side of my neck before he kissed it a couple times. “I should go apologize to Darcy then…”

            I pulled back and tilted my head at him. “You have got to relax, mister.” I kissed him quickly. “Now go.” I took a step back and Harry stood up from his seat, taking another sip of his beer at the counter before he left the kitchen.

DARCY’S P.O.V.

             I walked through the front doors of my school the following Monday, hating the atmosphere already. I rolled my eyes at the girls who ran up to their friends and giving them hugs as if they hadn’t seen them in years. There were always a lot of seniors sitting in front of their lockers in the hallway that I walked down to find the staircase that led up to the third floor.