Chapter 31

hello everyone :) I don't know how much i'm going to be able to write this week because my grandma is coming up from Florida, so I hope you like this long upload :) thanks so much for reading and please tell your friends <3 I love you and ENJOY <33

HARRY’S P.O.V.

            “Sorry, I had to take Darcy home,” I said as I walked back into the hospital room where Emma was sitting in the seat next to Maya’s bed.

            “Is she okay?” Maya asked worriedly, still holding Rachel who’d fallen back asleep. Emma looked up at me as well.

            “She had a panic attack… and she ran out of the hospital. It’s because of Ryan…”

            Emma looked down at her lap and I sat on the side of the bed.

            “She’s alright. She was asleep like a rock in the car so I had to carry her inside.”

            “She scared me…” Maya’s voice trailed off and she looked down at her new daughter. I exhaled and looked between the three girls.

            “I hope she’s okay when she takes the SATs…” Emma’s voice trailed off and she looked at me. “We have our first one next weekend.”

            I let out another breath and shook my head. “She’ll be fine. I know she will be.”

EMMA’S P.O.V.

            Darcy had become even quieter than she normally was the next week or so. Our entire family was worried about her, but she would briefly tell us that she was alright.

            She did go out to the movies with Javaad one afternoon, and I just hoped that he would help her get better. I don’t think she was depressed, because she was actually getting out a little bit, but she just seemed to prefer not talking.

            I made sure to meet her after our first SAT was over. She walked out of the room looking as if she saw a ghost. “You alright?” I asked worriedly.

            “I just want to go home…” she told me, starting to walk down the hallway without me.

            “How was it?” I asked, catching up with her.

            “Fun,” she replied flatly. I let out a breath and had to walk even faster to keep up with her long strides.

            “Darcy we’re all worried about you,” I told her softly as we walked out the front door of the school.

            “You don’t need to be, I’m fine…”

            I stopped her and she turned to me. “No you’re not Darce, look at yourself. You have barely been talking at all and every time I see you, you look like you want to kill yourself. I just want to make sure you’re okay.”

            “I just need to go lay down or something,” Darcy mumbled, starting towards the sidewalk.

            “Leo could give us a ride home,” I told her, stopping her again. “You look like you’re about to pass out.”

            “Emma, I’d really rather walk…”

            “Well I’m not letting you,” I told her and I tugged her back over to the front door where Leo was walking out. “Hey! Can you give us a ride home?” I asked my boyfriend. I locked my fingers between his and Darcy walked next to me on my left.