It's a Date

"Artemis, good to see you back, and good to see that the biology students made it back in time from their field trip!" Uncle greets me as I enter the history room, Ang by my side.

"Well, you did call the calvary on me this morning. What was with that?"

"It was your dads' and I second to last resorts. It was that or we call your grandparents in," Uncle explains, my eyes widening.

"You wouldn't have."

"Oh just you wait. Next time you pull something like that, we're calling both grandmothers and Bobby."

"You wouldn't dare," I state with a glare, knowing the sheer power of my grandparents.

"Oh we would," Uncle assures cockily, his voice lowering as he turns our backs to the class. "You really worried us, kiddo."

"I know, I'm sorry," I apologize, him smiling that dopey smile before sending me to my seat. I don't say anything as I sit down, feeling the gazes of my desk mates.

"Hello again," I greet, looking between the two. 

"Hi Artemis," Alice greets happily. "It's nice to see you made it away from the worms."

"I barely made it away," I admit, laughing lightly. "I ducked behind Mike, so if you see him, look out, he has worm gunk in his hair."

"Oh really?" Jasper asks with a hint of amusement in his tone.

"Mhmm."

"We were hoping to invite you to dinner, to discuss how you knew about us and to get to know more about your past," Alice offers.

I nod, knowing this is needed. "Of course, I have a lot to explain too. I haven't been entirely straightforward about my family."

"We know," Jasper states as Uncle clears his throat, a clear beginning to class. "Your fathers stopped by our home during lunch to threaten our family and gave our parents the basic details."

"Of course they did," I groan, hitting my head against the desk.

"Artemis, head up please."

"Of course, Uncle Sam," I respond, giving him a small salute as he turns to the board. 

"So would you like to?" Alice asks, just barely loud enough for me to hear. "To go out to dinner with us? We could go to the diner so that it's just us."

"That sounds great," I agree, smiling widely. 

"We'll see you at five then."

"It's a date."