So Get This

"Dad!" I yell, running inside. "Dad! Cas!"

"Artemis, what's wrong?" Uncle Sam asks, peaking out of the kitchen doorway. 

"Uncle, where are my dads?" 

"They're in the garage wh-" 

"Come on," I demand, pulling the giant moose man behind me to the garage. "Alice, Jasper, follow us!" I call, them speeding over to us. "Dads!"

"Jesus! We told you not to worry, why are you stalking us?" Dad questions, laying down the silver sword he was cleaning. 

"Because I have every reason to worry."

Alice and Jasper both look to me now, taking a small step each back from my fathers. "While at the baseball game with our family, a group of three nomads heard us playing and arrived unexpectantly, catching both Bella and Artemis's scents," Jasper explains tensely. 

"Son of a bitch!" Dad yells, slamming his hands on the counter. 

"Dad!" 

"No! I thought I could trust you two with my daughter, but that obviously wasn't the case, cause now the same nomads that tore Waylen's throat out are after her!"

"Dad! They aren't after me specifically. They seemed more focused on Bella. I just came to grab some gear and then head over to the Cullen's to help protect Bella," I explain, leaning into my car and popping the trunk. 

"Like hell you are," Dad argues, "I told your mother that you weren't going to get involved in the supernatural. I'm sticking to that."

"Like hell you are," I fire back. "I've been raised from four up in the hunting world, as much as you've always tried to prevent it, protect me, I'm still involved. I know how to hunt. Grandma Mary has been teaching me since I was ten and could hold a gun. I've been reading lore books since I could read and would wobble around grabbing anything and everything to read. I'm not as uninvolved as you believe. As I led you to believe." 

"No..." Dad mumbles, a broken look in his eyes. "I told Mary not to get near you. Not to show you ANYTHING. She said I could trust her!"

"She wanted me to be able to protect myself when I was with Mom and Dan," I explain, my volume lowering. "She- She didn't want anything to happen to me just because of a joint custody agreement."

"That wasn't her choice to make. That was Cassidy's and my choice to make. We're your parents," He argues. 

"I know. But it's too late to change anything from seven years ago," I try to reason, grabbing the go-bag from my trunk. 

"You keep a go-bag?" Uncle Sam asks, a sad smile on his face. 

"So get this," I encourage, popping the false bottom-up and setting it in position. "I learned this from when we used to work on Baby," I explain, my dads and uncle, smiling the slightest bit. 

"If I let you go, will you promise you'll be safe? Not put yourself in any extra danger like a Winchester?" Dad bargains. 

"Promise," I assure, pulling him into a hug. 

"And you two," Cas speaks up, looking over my partners. "You promise to keep her safe? Not let her get in any extra trouble?"

"We promise," Alice assures, smiling at my parents. 

"Is Jack still at the game with the boys?" I ask, wishing I could say goodbye. 

"Yeah, he and the guys decided to grab a room in the city since the game ends so late," Dad explains, looking over Alice, Jasper and I. "But it doesn't start for another hour. So you should be able to call him in the car."

"Okay, yeah," I nod. 

"Win," Jasper speaks up, Alice and him sharing a look.

"Right, we have to go," I mumble. "Can you guys keep an eye on Charlie? Make sure he doesn't get attacked?"

"Yeah, of course," Uncle assures. 

"I'm pretty fond of the guy anyways, so that was a given," Dad agrees, earning a look from Cas. 

"Should I be concerned that you're going to leave me for Charlie Swan?" He asks, making Dad choke on the air around him. 

"Hey, three ways are always an option," I chime, smirking at Alice and Jasper as I throw my bag In their car, leaving my dads in shock.

"Oh you are so your father's child," Uncle Sam laughs, shaking his mane of hair. 

"Alright," Dad clears his throat, shaking my comment from his head as Alice chuckles her bell like laugh. "Go take down some nomads, Kid. Just come home to us."

"Always, Dad, always."