Get Up!

"Come on, get up!"

"No, leave me to wallow," I grumble, pulling my pillow over my head. 

"It's been four days since that dinner and two days of school that you've missed. Get! Up!"

"How did you even get in here?" I question, rolling over and staring at my wavy-haired best friend.

"Your dads let me in when you were showing no signs of getting up and I showed up at your front door," Ang explains, a body being thrown on top of my own from the other direction.

"What the Hell? Watch the cast!" I yelp, jumping up and causing the body to roll away. 

"Hey! Watch the hair, I need to look perfect if I'm going to get Mike to ask me out," Jess complains, going to my mirror to fix the mess that was caused by her roll. 

"And she is here?" I ask Angela. "Isn't it like three hours too early for her to even be awake and jolly?"

"Hey now!"

"I figured I would need back up," Ang explains with a shrug, Jess making her way to my closet. 

"What are you doing?"

"I don't know what happened after that dinner party, but Hale and Cullen hurt you so we're going to make them regret even being alive," Jess explains, a devious look in her eye. 

"Jess."

"Sorry, I mean make them regret... what did they do?"

"They kept a huge secret from her while convincing her that they liked her," Ang explains for me, pulling me to my feet. "I'm going to go get some food in her, then you can do your voodoo makeover magic," She states, Jess nodding without looking away. "Come now child, it's time for the most important meal of the day."

"Pie?" I ask, her rolling her eyes in response. 

"No you pie obsessed fool, Jack's making french toast."

"Jack's cooking?" I question, although as we enter the kitchen I hear a familiar voice giving my brother instructions. 

"Grandma!"

"Oh! You finally got that sleepy head up! Good morning sweetie, you just have the nicest friends!" Grandma exclaims through the computer, making me laugh as I notice Jack plating french toast for the three of us that looks surprisingly good. 

"Thanks for the help, Mrs.Robinson!"

"I've told you time and time again, Sweet Boy, call me Grandma and if not call me Audrey, you hear me?" Grandma scolds, making Ang and I chuckle. 

"Yes, loud and clear Grandma," Jack answers, giving her a mock salute. 

Grandma chuckles, mumbling something about sweet kids, before speaking to us once more. "Okay kiddos, I'll let you eat and get to school! Call soon, and you too Angela!"

"Bye Grandma, love you!" Jack and I say closing, hanging up. 

"Your grandmother is just too sweet, I can't!" Ang exclaims, the three of us taking a seat. 

"We have another one, my dad's mom, Mary, but she and our Grandpa Bobby live in South Dakota," I explain, taking a bite. "Jack! This is so good!"

"Holy Hell! She's not wrong!" Ang agrees, Jack, giving us a proud little smile. 

"Thank you guys," He says giddily, making me smile.

"So, I'd hate to kill the mood, but what was the big issue again from the dinner? I know they lied to you about something big but what?" 

"Ang, it's more than something big! They lied to me about what they are, and I just can't trust them."

"Okay, so they didn't tell you that they're vampires, but did you ever ask?"

"What?!"