Chapter Thirty-Three: The Meeting

(Kakashi's POV)

    The gates to the Kaneko clan estate seemed bigger now then when I saw it last. I glanced down at Yumiko, who had a gentle smile on her face. For someone who was on her first serious mission, she was oddly calm. Yumiko looked up at me and smiled as she leaned towards me a bit and whispered.

    "I know you're worried about Mayumi, but everything will be okay." Yumiko did the best she could to reassure me. I nodded and looked down at her.

    "Mayumi will be fine. Let's go Yumiko." I stated quickly as I held my hand out to help her to the main gate. She smiled softly and raised her hand, resting it on top of mine. Two guards were posted outside of the main gate of the Kaneko Estate. Rindo, an old friend of mine was standing at the gate with another ninja who I did not know.

    "Hello, state your business please." Rindo spoke sternly as he kept his eyes on me. It was obvious that with the disguise Mayumi chose was doing exactly what it was supposed to do. My mind instantly began to flood with thoughts of Mayumi. I had been thinking about our argument constantly since it happened. Honestly, I wasn't sure if I could let Mayumi go like I had originally thought. This woman had taken over every aspect of my life; from my mind to my heart. I pulled out the royal looking red and gold invitation out of my back pocket and held it up.

    "I had received an invitation to meet from Lord Kaneko himself, If you don't believe me you may check the scroll yourself." Yumiko spoke firmly as Rindo held out his hand for the scroll. I placed the scroll into his open palm. After inspecting the scroll Rindo bowed politely.

    "I apologize for the questioning, Lady Sato. Allow me to notify Lord Kaneko's staff of your arrival, just wait one moment please." Rindo explained as he stood up straight again and took a few steps to the small guard shack that was positioned to the side of the gate of the main entrance. Yumiko glanced up to me and smiled, making me feel slightly more relaxed. After a few moments of waiting a petite female in a simple white kimono with plain black details approached us.

    "Hello, My name is Yui. Allow me to show you the way to Lord Kaneko's office." She spoke softly as she bowed. Yumiko and I followed Yui through the long hallways that connected each building on the Kaneko estate together. We reached the familiar large red door with gold intricate details that led to Lord Kaneko's office. Yui opened the door, allowing Yumiko and I to walk in. Lord Kaneko was a tall man, with long white hair that he kept back with a hair tie. His emerald green eyes studied our faces as he gently smiled and stood up.

    "Lady Sato, It's a pleasure to finally be meeting with you." He smiled as Yumiko giggled and gracefully sat down in the chair in front of his desk

    "Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to meet with me." Yumiko placed her hands on her lap and smiled again. I hated watching these two be polite to each other. My mind raced with thoughts of Mayumi. She had to get this sword if we wanted a chance of beating someone as powerful as Lord Kaneko. Lord Kaneko looked over at me for a moment before he spoke.

    "Did you not trust our security in the estate, Lady Sato?" Lord Kaneko questioned, causing me to glance down at Yumiko.

    "Oh it's not that at all. My father asked that I bring one of my men along just in case. You know how it is with wanting to protect your daughter....Right, Lord Kaneko?" Yumiko stated, her words laced with a little malice. Lord Kaneko smiled and chuckled slightly.

    "I do know how it is, Lady Sato." Lord Kaneko paused for a moment before speaking again. "So, your father had previously spoken to me about machinery that the Sato company has produced. He explained that it is not out on the market yet." Lord Kaneko explained as Yumiko smiled and nodded.

    "Ah yes. If you're referring to the Airship that my father just invented then yes, that model is not out on the market yet." Yumiko explained. Lord Sato of the Sato company was a mechanic and engineer. He had made several machines mostly for the medical field. But, recently he had been working on a few projects that stemmed away from the medical field." Yumiko explained as my eyes widened a bit. An airship?! If Lord Kaneko got his hands on something like that, who knows if we would even stand a chance in defeating him.

    "When I had spoken to your father about the airship he had stated that I could possibly purchase the rights from you. Is that still something that is possible?" One of Lord Kaneko's sleek eyebrows raised as she questioned her. Yumiko smiled softly as she sighed.

    "I apologize Lord Kaneko, my father already sold the rights to the airship to the Village Hidden in the Sand." Yumiko explained. I wasn't sure if what she was saying was the truth. Lord Kaneko leaned back in his chair as he looked up at Yui, who had been standing in the corner of the room since we had arrived. The sound of the door locking instantly put me on guard. Yumiko looked up at me as I glanced back at Lord Kaneko, who's facial expression had changed in an instant.

    "Lets cut the bullshit here, Yumiko." Lord Kaneko stated harshly as Yumiko glared back at him. I slowly reached down and placed my hand on the side of my kunai pouch, preparing myself for anything that could happen. "I know what you two are up to. You think I wouldn't notice my own daughter's chakra presence?" Lord Kaneko snarled as Yumiko and I stood up. I pushed Yumiko behind me as I glared at Lord Kaneko. If Mayumi's chakra presence was detectable then that means that she must be in some kind of trouble.

    "Why would you do something like this Lord Kaneko?" I asked him, hoping that would give me a moment to come up with something in the heat of the moment. Lord Kaneko smirked as he stood back up straight and chuckled to himself.

    "Instead of wasting your time trying to dig for information, shouldn't you be more worried about what's going on around you?" Lord Kaneko asked as I heard the faint cry of Yui's blades being unsheathed behind me. My eyes widened as I grabbed Yumiko's hand and spoke.

    "Yumiko, RUN!" I yelled as we both turned and quickly ran towards the door. Yui stood before the door with a short katana in her hands. I ran in front of Yumiko and extended my body towards Yui and her blade. I knew I had no chance of avoiding her blade while making sure Yumiko escaped in one piece. I felt the sharp burn of Yui's blade enter my shoulder as I body slammed Yui across the room. Normally, that wasn't a move I would use on an opponent. But, Yui was at least six inches shorter than me so I decided using my height as an advantage was my best option at this point.

    "DON'T LET THEM ESCAPE!" Lord Kaneko screamed as Yui landed against the wall, a loud painful grunt escaped her lips when she made contact. Yumiko and I ran as fast as we could out of the room. My heart was racing a mile a minute as we made our way to the designated exit that Mayumi, Yumiko and I agreed upon before we left.

    "K-Kakashi, m-my legs..." Yumiko panted, obvious that she was extremely out of breath. Yumiko lived a life of luxury, so I knew she wouldn't be as physically fit as Mayumi or I. I quickly scooped her up in my arms, causing her to squeal. A deep maroon blush crawled across her cheeks as she held onto my shoulders. My shoulder screamed in pain as I did the best I could to ignore the pain and continue running. The sound of five guards chasing us filled my ears as I felt Yumiko tense up in my arms.

   "Don't worry Yumiko. We will make it..." I muttered as I continued running, picking up my pace a bit. Yumiko reached down into my side holster, and pulled out two paper bombs.

    "TELL ME W-WHEN!" Yumiko yelled, her voice filled with fear. I was waiting for the perfect spot for her to set off the paper bombs. I wanted to make sure I was as far away from where Mayumi was as possible, but close enough to the exit to escape with Yumiko. After a few more moments I pulled Yumiko as close to me as I could and screamed.

    "NOW!" Yumiko threw the two paper bombs towards the five guards that were trailing behind us. The force of the bombs threw Yumiko and I forward as everything around me slowly began to fade to black.