Chapter Twenty-Three: A Conversation over Breakfast

(Mayumi's POV)

     I awoke to what sounded like pots and pans banging from the kitchen. I sighed deeply and drug myself out of Kakashi's comfortable bed. After quickly throwing on one of Kakashi's shirts and my panties I followed the loud noises to find Kakashi in the kitchen wearing nothing but boxers and an apron. I blushed deeply, the curves of his muscular body reminded me of the night before. Kakashi glanced over at me and smiled as he flipped a fluffy golden brown pancake.

   "Good morning sleeping beauty." His words caused my eyes to instinctively roll.

   "What's for breakfast?" I questioned, curious as to what he had spent his morning doing. I mosied my way behind his sculpted body to peak at the delicious food cooking on the stove. My stomach growled at the smell coming from the sweet pancakes and juicy bacon.

     "Looks delicious!" I smiled and walked over to the other side of the counter. I could feel his gaze on me, watching my every move.

    "Not as delicious as you..." he mumbled under his breath. My cheeks flushed as I quickly looked away. Kakashi took a step away from the stove, his muscles contouring as he reached for the coffee pot and poured two cups of piping hot black coffee.

   "So, what are you planning on doing Mayumi?" He asked as she sat the ceramic mug down in front of me. I raised my eyebrow as I took the hot mug in my hands.

   "What do you mean?" I asked, hoping he wouldn't bring up the situation involving my father. I did the best I could to push the image of my father in front of those tanks of children to the back of my mind. I had no idea what I was going to do, but I knew I needed to do something.

    "You know what I mean Mayumi. You're not the type of girl to not have a plan." Kakashi stated. I tapped the side of my coffee mug and thought to myself. What could I possibly do to stop someone as powerful as my father? A deep sigh escaped my lips as I glanced back up at Kakashi, who slid a plate full of delicious food in front of me.

     "Kakashi...can I ask you something?" I asked. For some reason the piercing Sharingan eyes of the man who previously attacked me flashed in my mind.

      "Of course you can Mayumi." He gently smiled as he took a bite of the crispy bacon.

      "That man who attacked me during the mission with Yumiko...who was he?" I asked, not to certain of who he was. Kakashi sighed as he looked down at his plate.

    "His name is Itachi Uchiha...He's a rogue ninja who belongs to the Uchiha clan." He explained, causing my eyes to widen.

     "Uchiha? The same clan Sasuke is from?" I asked as Kakashi nodded.

    "Correct. He's actually Sasuke's older brother. He slaughtered everyone in the Uchiha clan besides Sasuke. Why do you want to know about him?" He questioned. I vaguely remember Itachi asking me to join him...maybe he would be willing to help me? I sighed deeply, my bright green eyes locking with Kakashi's.

      "Mayumi...please don't tell me you're seriously thinking..." Kakashi groaned as I kept quiet. He knew exactly what I was thinking.

       "Mayumi, I won't allow you to do something so dangerous and stupid! That man is an S-Rank criminal!" Kakashi raised his voice a few octaves. I sighed deeply and rolled my eyes as I took a bite of the sweet fluffy pancakes.

     "Well good thing you don't make my decisions for me." I commented. Kakashi sighed deeply and rubbed the bridge of his nose.

   "You don't even know where Itachi is located. So, how in the hell do you expect to find him?" He questioned, looking for any holes in my plan.

      "I have my ways Kakashi, I am an assassin after all." I stated as I finished my coffee. I had no intention in telling Kakashi my plans. I knew if I did he would do everything he could to stop me. At this point though, I knew we had no other options. After finishing our breakfast in awkward silence,

     I collected my clothes from his room and laid them on the bed. I stripped off Kakashi's shirt that I was wearing. I closed my eyes and sighed as I felt Kakashi's gentle fingers skate across the smooth skin of my hips. His warm breath tickled the back of my neck as I leaned against his chest.

     "I know no matter what I say it won't stop you...but please let me help. You're not alone anymore Mayumi..please don't push me away when we finally got closer." He pleaded softly in my ear. I opened my bright green eyes and nodded slowly. Kakashi was an incredibly skilled ninja, with many achievements and jutsu's under his belt. Having his help to figure out a way to defeat my father is definitely an advantage.

  "Okay...but just know,I am going to find Itachi . Something in my gut is telling me we need his help." I explained. My father was one of the most powerful men in the Hidden leaf village, besides the Hokage. Defeating someone on his level was going to take a large amount of teamwork and determination. Kakashi paused for a moment and then nodded slowly.

    "Alright... in the Hokage's office are the details on Itachi. The Hokage should at least have a general location of where the Akatsuki hideout is located." Kakashi admitted as a faint smile tugged at the corners of my lips.