Chapter Seven: Its a Date

(Kakashi POV)

     After I left Mayumi's room I leaned against the wall in the hallway, looking down at my hand that was once on top of her head. I could feel myself blushing under my mask as I shook my head, doing the best I could to ignore my racing heart.  I decided I would go check on the kids, making sure that they were doing their training like they were told. I headed towards the training grounds that was on the Sato property. As I was walking down the hall I practically ran into Yumiko, causing her to loose her balance.  I quickly grabbed her waist, stopping her from falling onto the ground. Our eyes met as a light pink blush crawled across her cheeks. 

   "Lady Yumiko, are you okay?" I asked as I helped her back onto her feet. She nodded softly and pulled a strand of her long black hair behind her ear. 

   "I'm alright, you seem lost in thought Kakashi. Are you alright?" She questioned me as I sighed and nodded. 

    "Yes, I'm alright." I smiled as she giggled.

    "Is it alright if I say what has been on my mind?" Yumiko's violet eyes met mine as I nodded in response. 

   "I am attracted to you, Kakashi. I would love to be able to have a dinner together sometime." She explained as I raised one of my eyebrows. 

   "Lady Yumiko, are you asking me on a date?" I questioned her, not sure of how I felt about her. She was a kind woman, very attractive as well. She had a lot of good qualities about herself but, she didn't make my heart race like the books I normally read had stated would happen when you fell in love. Yumiko giggled again, placing her delicate fingers on her cheek.

     "I am, Kakashi. So, will you have dinner with me tonight?" Yumiko repeated her question as I sighed.

   "Once Naruto, Sasuke and Sakura are done training then sure, why not." I explained as her violet eyes lit up in excitement. 

   "Great, I will see you later then. Is Mayumi awake? I wanted to pay her a visit." Yumiko asked as I nodded, images of Mayumi's face flashed in my mind again as I shoved my hands into the pockets of my dark blue pants.

    "Yes, she is awake. I'm going to head back to the kids now." I stated as I walked past her, noticing the subtle smell of cherry blossoms. I sighed deeply to myself once Yumiko was out of my sight. I reached the training field in a matter of minutes, hearing Naruto groan in frustration as I walked up to them. 

    "There you are, Kakashi-Sensei! We've been wondering where you were!" Sakura huffed as Sasuke took a sip of his water. 

  "How is everyone doing with mastering their chakra control?" I asked as Sakura smiled and placed her hand on her hip.

   "It's actually quite easy, Kakashi-Sensei." Sakura explained as Sasuke rolled his eyes. Naruto sat on the ground in aggravation as his bright blue eyes flashed over to me. 

   "How is Mayumi-Chan doing?" Naruto asked as Sasuke and Sakura looked over at me. 

   "She is alright. Don't worry about her at the moment. Focus on your chakra control." I instructed them as they all sighed in unison. I chuckled to myself as I pulled out my make out paradise book, flipping to the last page I read as I sat onto a nearby log. After training was over I decided to head to Mayumi's room one more time to check on her before my dinner with Yumiko. It was a short five minute walk from the training grounds to the room that Mayumi was given. Right as I was about to turn the corner I saw Yumiko knock on Mayumi's door. I quickly hid behind the corner, making sure I wasn't seen as I heard Mayumi's door open slowly.

    "What are you doing here?" Mayumi's confused voice filled my ears as I looked around the corner again, seeing Yumiko smiling. 

  "I would like to speak to you about something. May I come in?" Yumiko questioned as a sigh escaped Mayumi's lips as she moved and allowed Yumiko to walk in. The door closed behind Yumiko giving me the okay to get closer. I crept towards the door, placing my ear gently against the door so I could hear what was being said. I couldn't figure out why I was doing something like this but, something in my body was telling me to listen. I heard the sound of Mayumi's bed creak as Mayumi spoke.

 "What do you need to talk to me about?" Mayumi questioned, her voice sounding on edge.

 "It's about Kakashi." Yumiko stated causing my eyes to widen. Mayumi scoffed and sighed. 

"What about Kakashi?" I heard a soft giggle escape Yumiko's lips as she spoke. 

"I want to know...what are your feelings towards Kakashi?"