Chapter 14 - Surprise

(Trigger Warnings: light smut, slight mention of physical abuse/what's left behind after (bruises, cuts))

{Alexander's POV}

It finally happened.

He kissed me.

Not how I would have ever imagined.

But it was perfect.

I was still in shock from how it happened last night. Right at midnight, he pulled me close and connected my lips to his that were begging for contact ever since I saw him.

If his mom didn't walk in and interrupt us, I don't know how far I would've gone in that situation. It was all so mesmerizing, and I never wanted it to stop.

However, all dreams must come to an end. And now is when mine did.

I was half asleep and clearly not capable of doing anything movement or speaking related, yet I felt my body moving. I felt arms wrapping around me and my body being picked up, a soft kiss on my forehead and footsteps as we walked somewhere.

To my dismay, I figured I had to open my eyes sometime today, so I did just that. When I looked around at the blurry and indistinct background around me, I was in total confusion. This wasn't Johns bedroom, nor was it anywhere upstairs. Where was I? And where was I being taken?

Then I heard talking. Hushed whispers all around me. I shut my eyes and pretended to be sleeping so I could hear their conversation, see what type of situation I was in.

"Shh, shh! Both of you, shush your mouths before you wake him up!"

"I'm trying, alright? Dad keeps talking to me!"

"I'm telling you to be careful!"

"I am, dad. Why wouldn't I be careful?"

I was rubbed on the head and I heard a few car doors. Where was I going?

Finally I had decided to stop my fake sleeping and began to stretch, curling my toes and stretching my arms as high as they could over my head, a deep yawn escaping my throat. John glanced down at me and cursed under his breath, brushing my hair out of my face. "Mom, he woke up."

She scoffed and began scolding John and his father. "I told you two to shush! Goodmorning Alex."

"Uhm.. good morning. But.. where are we going?" I could tell that John had noticed my worry and immediately began to comfort me by stroking my cheek with his thumb. "It's a surprise, we've already called you in from school and we aren't going today. Besides, tomorrow is when we turn in the assignment for Washington."

I hate surprises.

"Oh. Okay." John smiled and poked my nose, making me smile back. But I was questioning something. We're we just going to ignore what happened last night? Did it never happen, or are we going to talk about it? What are we? Acquaintances? Friends, dating?

I'll ask him later.

After a few minutes of the car ride, I was in my own seat buckled in, and damn, I had forgotten how cold it was outside. I looked over at John, who was wearing a large NASA hoodie, and I wanted it so bad. My body was trembling with cold and I covered my arms, putting my head down in attempts to warm up. Then I felt something nudge my shoulder. "You want my hoodie?" I looked up and over at John, who was now only wearing a short sleeve shirt and holding his hoodie out next to me. I shook my head. "You need it."