0 - 3

Your next visitor is a tall, blond man with sharp eyes that immediately make you stiffen up. There's something familiar about him too, but not in the same way Levi was familiar. Levi was someone you feel like you should've known inside and out. This man makes you want to hit something. You narrow your eyes.

"Logan," he greets. "Good to see you awake."

"You'd be the first to think so," you reply, frowning.

"I see Levi's been here."

"Briefly."

"I've been informed of your circumstances."

"Wonderful," you say, trying to bite back on the sarcasm unsuccessfully. Another person who knows you and is now going to walk on eggshells around you. "So you already know I have no idea who you are," you say when he doesn't say anything else.

He smiles. "Well, we haven't known each other very long."

"And Levi?"

"How long you've known him?" he asks, and you nod. "I'm not entirely sure. I just know you two are close. You've been close friends for at least a year by my guess. He's the closest living person to you, from the best of my knowledge."

You nod, straightening up. Maybe the blond man hadn't meant to, but he's answered a few more of your questions: Levi's a friend, not a boyfriend (you're not sure whether you're upset by that or not). Closest person to you- so you're closer with Levi than your family. If you have any. And you most likely don't have a significant other then, if Levi's the one you're closest to.

His word choice bothers you. "Living?" you ask, tightening your grip on the hospital sheets.

His expression doesn't change. "The expedition that put you in this state also claimed the lives of a few of your friends."

You try to feel sad, but it's kind of hard when you have no idea who or what he's talking about. "What expedition?"

"If I'm correct, you don't know anything about titans or our way of living?" he asks, and you shake your head. "Alright. Would you be okay with me debriefing you on humanity's current situation?"

"Humanity?" you repeat, and he nods. You press your palms to your forehead. "Um, sure."

"Stop me whenever." He clears his throat. "For as long as-"

"Wait. What's your name?"

He smirks. "Erwin Smith. I'm the commander of the Survey Corps."

So this is who Doctor Fizal had to report to. You survey him, wondering if he'll complain if you try and put your feelings into words. There's something about him that bothers you and you're not quite sure what it is, but it's there. Ah, fuck it, you think to yourself. I've got nothing to lose. "I don't like you very much, do I?"

To your surprise, Erwin chuckles. "No, you don't."

"Oh." You pause, slightly pleased with yourself. Your hunch was right. "Well, go on."

He regards you for a moment, making you slightly uncomfortable, then he grins. "I don't think you're such a lost cause, Logan."

"At this rate, I'm going to get 'lost cause' printed on my forehead."

"Don't be rash."

"Try me." The blond man looks amused. "Well, get on with it," you push, waving a hand at him. "I don't have all day."

"Made plans?"

You shrug, smirking. "I've got a nap scheduled in five minutes, but if you're somewhat entertaining, it can wait."