Chapter XXVI

Chapter 26

Kiss Kiss

Johnny

Here I was waking up for the second time this morning. My eyes glanced the digital clock on my nightstand before noticing Kenzie's warm body was gone.

10:46 am.

I leaped out of bed. Fuck was she gone? My mind instantly thought the worst of course, but I noticed her bag of clothes on the edge of the bed and her tank top from earlier was there too.

I didn't bother to get changed I just left myself in my briefs and walked out of my room.

The small of... bacon and waffles overloaded my scent and I almost passed out.

How did she know?

I walked into the kitchen to see Kenzie, unfortunately, already dressed and making breakfast for me, just like she said. 

"I know you're there, John

"I know you're there, John." She said but her focus never left the food in front of her, her hands danced on different pans and utensils before she turned around with a plate in her hands stacked high with golden brown waffles and syrup glazed over the top and crispy bacon on another plate.

"I will admit, I was not expecting this." I replied sitting myself down at the barstool and she slid the plate over to me with a glass of orange juice and coffee. "I had no idea you could cook." I instantly dug into the waffles and spoke with my mouth half full. 

"Yeah one of the few things I actually can do." She turned around and began cleaning up the dishes and wiping down the surfaces leaving everything utterly spotless.

"Thats bullshit, you're insanely-" I could hardly even finish my sentence before pleasurably groaning with the food in my mouth. "This is so fucking good." I doubted for a while if she even knew what I said between mouthfuls of the best waffles I've ever eaten but she laughed lifting herself up on the counter.

"I'm glad you like it." Her head tilted to the side and her smooth brown locks fell in front of her face before she tucked them behind her ear and looking back at me. "The girls texted, they want to go shopping with me today. Apparently there's a party tonight we're all going to and they wanted to shop for stuff and get me some clothes to replace- you know." 

"Oh yeah I forgot about tonight, I have to pick up Damon he's spending the week on a school trip so I'll drop him off at Isaak's Dad's tonight and i'll meet you there."

"Sounds great." Again, that fucking smile, just everything about her gets me. 

It wasn't a while before Kenzie and I's morning conversation came to a halt when we heard the sound of a car horn out front.

That's definitely Annie.

"I should go before she pisses off your entire neighborhood." Kenzie pushed herself off the edge of the counter and grabbed her phone and bag off a chair. 

She looked at me before giving a wave, I could tell there was a lot running through her head in that moment, probably trying to figure out whether or not to just leave or say goodbye, and how.

"Nope." I scoffed practically throwing myself off the chair and running towards her, her body retracted as thought she was trying to hide. 

"John don't you da-" I threw her up over my shoulder and swung her around in the air before smacking her ass. I'm not exactly sure what or where the two of us were with each other but we crossed the line of complicated and the two of us certainly didn't have too many boundaries. 

I set her down right at the front door before giving her a kiss on the forehead and her lips curled up into a huge smile.

"We should really figure out whats going on between the two of us." She suggested.

"I'm fine with how things are."

"Me too." Her tiptoes lifted her off the ground and she kissed me pulling me in with her grip on my torso.

Kenzie

I somehow managed to make it through an entire day of window and street shopping with Annie, Emily and Maisy and I will never know how I survived.

Probably because they bought me lunch.

I will admit it was nice to spend some time with the girls and be completely care free, none of them treated me different and those were the best friends I knew I always wanted and needed.

I was tired of people thinking I was some fragile porcelain pot, I was strong even if I didn't use that strength to defend myself for the longest time. 

I broke free.

For now at least, and I will not hold back next time.

That's the thing about being stuck with your captor, your abuser, your rapist. I somehow created a bond with them, similar to stockholm syndrome, but it wasn't love, it was fear.

Fear ate me up from the inside out when I knew they were a part of my life. Now that they're wanted and there's no way either of them can be in my future, I'm not afraid.

Instead all that anger and rage and terror I've held up inside of me for so long is now waiting for them. 

They're not going to get me back.

I was determined to put them both behind bars, but if I knew them at all, which I did, I knew it was only a matter of time before they came to me.

We stayed at Emily's house a couple hours before the party, the guys were going to pick us up in Isaak's truck and we were going to meet Johnny at the kickback but the four of us wanted to get some chick flicks in before they came.

"I need to know since I picked you up at his place today, what's going on between you and Johnny?" Emily paused the show and all three of them instantly drove their eyes towards me waiting for an answer. 

"It's com-"

"Don't you fucking say it's complicated." Maisy interrupted me before I even got the chance to finish my sentence.

"It is." I admitted.

"Of course it is." Annie muttered before turning the tv back on, she wasn't upset but she knew Johnny for the longest out of the four of us and she must have known prying wasn't going to get anywhere considering John and I didn't even know what we are.

"Shit Mais, Lukas said he texted you that he's on the way." 

"RUN!" Maisy shouted and the girls sprinted so fast upstairs.

"Why?!" I had no clue why they ran as thought Lukas was on his way to murder us but they did.

"Everytime we aren't ready on time the guys beat us with pillows." Emily shouted from upstairs.

"Last time Asher sat on me for 20 minutes." Annie said.

Next thing I know I'm running upstairs just as fast as they were moments ago getting ready to slip on my clothes.

I heard Lukas was extremely aggressive with pillows and I was not about to experience it.