Chapter I

Chapter One

Nobody Like You

Johnny

I have no idea why I decided to show up to the clubs tonight. Maybe because it was the last weekend before school started up again, or maybe it was because the guys pressured me into going. They had me get all dressed up to go to a college party at a club, meet a girl, and never see her again. None of this seemed interesting to me anymore. I can't tell why, but something just changed in my life. Someone changed me.

I'll never understand how my friends could consistently do this almost every night, don't get me wrong, I was all for having fun, but this wasn't my kinda scene for fun. The night consists of everyone staying up til their sober and wasting their money on regrets.

"Come on, Johnny , look at all the hot babes on the dance floor." Isaak yelled into my ear and nudged me with his elbow directing his sight towards the dance floor.

I shrugged pulling out a lighter and a cigarette. I shot down the last of my beer and searched around for my jacket. And I lost it, and I'm about to lose my mind.

I headed toward the exit sign when I heard Isaak flag me down.

"Bro, here's your jacket." He said handing it to me, I turned around and was on my way to leave, but I heard a crash come from behind me.

I made my way back over to the bar in front of the dance floor. And there she was being smothered by some random guy from Northside High. I noticed her hands on his chest attempting to push him off but she was way smaller.

And bam, nothing holding me back.   I threw my fist into his face.

Let's take this back a bit before this.

The beginning of the school year.

Kenzie

I think navigating the halls of a new school is always the most challenging task of the entire year. Strutting through the halls of masses of people with your nose in a map making it abundantly obvious to the people around you, that you're new to the school. Good thing I wore my classic edgy style just to set a statement. One thing I love about being a new student, you can be whoever you want to be.

So far I've had to move states about once every year ever since the beginning of middle school

So far I've had to move states about once every year ever since the beginning of middle school. But this year, this year is going to be different, I intend on keeping a low profile, not attracting too much attention to myself and finishing this entire year, at this one school.

You know when people sometimes say; "Not going to attract any attention to myself" and then right after they usually do? Well that's kinda what happened here.

I turned around with the feeling of someone following me. A teenage boy, must have been about 15 or 16 was following me with his eyes glued to my ass. With my attempt to disregard what I just saw, I turned around and ran straight into a hard chest.