Chapter XXX

Chapter 30

Rose Water

Johnny

"Here." I grabbed the red cup out of the cup holder and handed it to him out the window. He poured the last few drops into a test tube and stared at the the bottom of the empty cup. His face contorted into confusion and worry before he handed me the cup back through the window. I set it back down into the cup holder taking a long look at the beautiful, hurt woman passed out in the passenger's seat.

*1 Hour Earlier*

What the hell did it mean? 

I'd always find you, sugar. 

It had to have been Ashton or Kenzie's stepdad. Her limp body was now dangling over my arms, eyes were closed, her breathing was gentle. I leaned forward taking my jacket off and wrapping it around her shoulders and carried her in my arms. I folded the cup in half to keep the last fraction of the drink in the cup and shoved it in my back pocket. 

"Dex!" My old football buddy Dex, turned around from his conversations and saw the frail girl in my arms and ran over to me.

"Yo what happened?" He said tossing his cup out of his hands and putting his arms out offering help.

"It's fine," I wanted to keep her close. "I have no idea." He looked back up at me with worry in his eyes. 

"I didn't-" He started.

"Dex... I don't think you did." He closed his eyes and exhaled. Dex was a huge guy, front line on the football team and in my opinion the best player, even as big and intimidating as he may be on first glance, he was the biggest teddy bear you'd ever meet, him and I go way back. "Look I need your help."

"Anything." His response was almost instantaneous before he crossed his arms over his chest.

"I was designated driver for my friends but I need to take her home and-" 

Dex cut me off, "Dude, don't even worry about it, i've only been drinking sprite all night and I had a beer a few hours ago, I'll drop them all off." 

I sighed in relief. "Thank you Dex, you're seriously a lifesaver." 

"What are friends for?" He smiled, "I'll let them know you're leaving with Kenz and that I'm taking them home." He began to head off to the dancing group of hippies that were my friends.

"Thanks." I called out to him over the music and he turned around and pointed towards the door signaling me to go.

_

I got outside and walked with Kenz over to my car. Opening the passengers door I set her in the seat and strapped the buckle across her body and closed the door. Climbing into the drivers side I pulled out and headed to make a stop before we went to my place.

Pulling into the abandoned clinic the lights flickered on. I parked right out front and honked, Diaz knew it was me because i'm the only person to ever show up unannounced. 

My phone rang an unknown number.

"Diaz,"

"John,"

"I need you to test what's in this drink. I only have a bit left."

"On my way out."

Seconds later Diaz, a tall, dark nerdy yet intimidating guy walks out with a white lab coat and an empty vile.

I rolled the window down and slapped my hand across his. 

"Been a long time, Orlando." He might have smiled if he let himself.

"You too," 

"Here." I grabbed the red cup out of the cup holder and handed it to him out the window. He poured the last few drops into a test tube and stared at the the bottom of the empty cup. His face contorted into confusion and worry before he handed me the cup back through the window. I set it back down into the cup holder taking a long look at the Kenzie passed out in the passenger's seat.

Fuck, I hope it's not bad.

"You know how this goes, longest it'll take is 3 hours. As soon as I find anything i'll call." Before I can even say goodbye he's already walking back into the clinic.

Reversing out of the parking lot I got onto the highway and headed to mine.

I hear shuffling and look over to my right to see Kenzie is finally responsive. She blinks open her eyes, I'm not sure what i was expecting but I was hoping she's start to come down on whatever it was.

But nope.

"Johnny!" She half sleep squealed before actually waking up and leaning onto the middle console. Her hands were trying to hold herself up but her tits pushed into the console and began peaking out of the top of her corset.

Fuck this is going to be so much harder than I thought.

For starters, everything about Kenzie turns me on, and I was hoping she'd stay asleep and wake up tomorrow out of this drug trance so I wouldn't have to fight urges while she's wearing a tight white corset and short shorts. But life is never that easy is it?

Her dark hair was tossed over her head making a messy look a sexy look. She laid her head on my bicep resting on the other end of the console and wrapped her arms around it.

Okay now that's adorable.

Keeping my eyes on the road and flashing a glance over to her, her energy began to come back.

"Oh my god. John. We should get a burger." She looked at me with the biggest grin on her face and fluttered her eyelashes pursing out her lip like a begging puppy.

I couldn't help but laugh a little, "Kenz, it's 4 am."

She dropped her eyebrows and crossed her arms and there were her tits popping out of the top again. 

"What do you want me to do change time?" I sarcastically questioned with a laugh on the tip of my tongue.

"You can do that?" Her jaw dropped down. Clearly whatever the hell was in that drink didn't read sarcasm.

"McDonalds might be open." I muttered slightly picking up my phone on the empty road and checked for a nearby McDonalds. 

"You're the best." This time she leaned her chest on my bicep and kissed right behind my ear.

"Kenz," Little pecks trailed down my neck. "Fuck." I groaned under my breath and she giggled into my ear. "I'm driving, save that for later." She laughed and threw herself back onto the seat. 

I was starting to think maybe there wasn't anything in the drink, maybe she was just super plastered, maybe it was all some scheme to scare her.

Of course, I spoke too soon.