Chapter X

Chapter Ten

Never Enough

Kenzie

The rest of the week went by somewhat smoothly. I tried to go back to boxing but when Jensen found out about my injuries he practically forced me to get checked out at the doctors. I didn't need a surgery or anything because turns out it healed pretty good almost completely. Friday rolled along and it was finally game time. I went straight to Emily's house right after school where the girls and I met up in her living room, we dropped a few things off for spending the night and changed.

 I went straight to Emily's house right after school where the girls and I met up in her living room, we dropped a few things off for spending the night and changed

"Supporting the losing team I see?" Annie said sarcastically causing me to roll my eyes at her. "Oh please they're the best in the game and you know it." I said throwing a pillow at her as we all crowded around the couch. We made it through half when I decided to head into the kitchen and quickly make some popcorn and grab snacks for everyone during the five minute commercial break. 

Johnny

We were a bit late but the guys and I finished up practice, showered and went straight to Emily's house. The door was unlocked as Annie screamed down the hall. "COME IN!" They were all sitting on the L shaped couch in sweats and blankets. Kenzie wasn't there so I took a spot empty where she may have been sitting. "Where's Kenzie?" I asked, Mais looked at me and said. "She's in the kitchen, grabbing snacks I think." 

"Kenz, the game is back on!" Isaak shouted. I think I could hear her bare feet footsteps running back towards the living room. She hopped over the back of the couch, her eye contact didn't break away from the TV. She subconsciously handed me the bowl of popcorn as she settled down into her spot. I doubt she noticed any of us were even there. 

"Kenz-" Mais asked questioning before she was interrupted by Kenzie with "SSHHHHH! we're on the last half!" Still didn't break contact with the TV. 

I couldn't tell what it was right in this moment. But she looked so adorable. I don't know if it was because her hair was all messily tied up. Or because she was so focused on the game and nervously biting her bottom lip. Or because she was hardly wearing anything. Just as the game came to an end she finally looked over at me.

"When did you get here?" She looks confused and it's probably the cutest thing.

"Since half time, gorgeous." Isaak cuts in.

"Oh hey guys." She responds. 

Kenzie

I can't believe I didn't notice that Johnny Orlando has been sitting next to me for almost 15 minutes. 

We stayed up most of the night and half of us passed out on her couch. My step dad wasn't going to be home all night so he'd never know I was gone. I had one night to relax and not worry about him or have him interrupt me in the middle of the night telling me to come home. 

The weekend passed, and it was Monday, all over again. I walked into the halls and most of the people who were there, were all staring at me. I tried to think, did I do something?  Not recently at least, even the Johnny incident was old news, it was my first day it isn't important anymore. I stood at my locked and i felt the gaze of so many eyes continue to follow me. I closed my locker and standing on the other side was some random guy I had never seen before.

"Nice picture." He states biting his bottom lip sexually. "Uhm, what?" I reply.

"Don't pretend like you don't know." His hands wrap around my waist. "You looked so sexy in that black lacy bra, but who was the guy you were with?" 

"What?!" I exclaim pushing his body off of me.

"What's going on?" Johnny's deep voice comes up from behind me.

"I don't kno-" I tried to push out but was interrupted by the creep in front of me.

"Just trying to get a slice of this hot babe, maybe I could be the next guy in your picture." He winks and walks away. Just as Johnnuy is about to lung at him and take a swing I grab his bicep, stepping in front of him and pushing him back.

"Why would you do that?!" He sounded angry.

Confused, I ask. "What...?"

"I could have hit you!" His voice gets rougher this time as he looks at me deep into my eyes, like he's mad, but concerned.

"But you didn't."

"But I could have." His voice goes softer, he closes his eyes and lets out a sigh.

"I'm okay, Johnny, plus it looks like I have bigger problems, what photo was he talking about?" He opens his eyes and this time he looks confused.

"Haven't you seen? It's all over the internet." He opened up his phone and pulled up his browser and showed me. "I tried to report and delete it, so did the gang but some guy keeps managing to put it back up."

Remember about 2 weeks ago, I was at home getting dressed to go meet my dad's 'Clients'. Well here was the picture. Me standing up grabbing a dress in nothing but my black lace underwear and bra. And my step-dad standing at the door staring at me with a grin on his face. This has to come down.

Posted 4 Hours ago.

"I don't care what it takes, but you will get rid of that photo."

"Who put this up?" I asked Jonny grabbing his phone. "I don't know." he replied.

I opened up the profile of the person who posted. Cold Sanders.

Cold Sanders? I don't know a Cole Sanders.

"Who's Cole Sanders?" Johnny's facial expression grew angrier, he grabbed his phone and checked the name. He shut off his phone and slammed his fist into the lockers. "Johnny?!" I grabbed his arm before he caused anymore damage to himself. "Remember the guy at the party?" He said trying to calm his voice down, he still couldn't make eye contact with me, as though he was mad at himself... "Creepy guy who caused the fight... That's him?!" I let go of his arm and stepped back.

"Yes." Johnny said finally looking at me with the most apologetic expression on his face. This has to come down now. I'll do whatever it takes but if people get the wrong impression of why my step-dad is watching me change, this life is over and I have to move on to another one. I pulled it up on my phone and checked his latest location. 

Choco Latte Coffee Shop.

That's right down the street, I slammed my locker door and left through the front doors before classes began. 

I opened the doors to the Cafe, and there he was, standing with some people, laughing, a coffee cup in his hand like it could have been any other day. I grabbed his arm and dragged him off to the side.

"Back for more so soon I see?" He asked taking a sip of his coffee. The black eye on his face was still there and it looked worse than I imagine. Johnny really did a number on him. "Nice eye." I sarcastically say while crossing my arms, His face grows into a scowl and I can tell he's mad. "You must be here about the little picture on the internet." He crushes his reusable coffee cup in his hand and tosses it into the trash behind me. "Take it down." I demand but his expression remains the same. "Why should I?" He rolls his eyes at my attempt to be intimidating, I could and should have just punched him in the face but that would have gotten nothing accomplished. "It's called stalking asshole, and it's illegal." 

"You know what else is illegal?" He was acting as though he got me all figured out, I was worried he may have figured something out. "The little thing going on between you and your step-daddy..."