Chapter V

Chapter Five

Lose My Mind

Johnny

The man walked into the house shutting the door behind him, he set the cases of beer down on a table and began to approach Kenzie. Her foot slid back and his large hand engulfed her wrist as she was dragged into another room. Doors locked behind her. But there was no yelling, or sense of anything being thrown. Maybe she didn't tell him I was coming over, maybe they made plans.

Had I only known what he had in store for sweet, Kenzie.

Kenzie

I guess I was shocked. After coming home later that night. Johnny, was really patient and sweet with me when I didn't understand a single thing going on with the lesson. He didn't let me move on until I understood everything and could explain it to him. Which was good because I found myself getting distracted by him, just his presence. It's almost midnight as I drive home, I'm already exhausted from the few hours of studying and I'm ready to go home, pass out and go to school in the morning. I just hope Jase has nothing to say about this. My hand wanders around my bag looking for my phone to see if there were any missed calls or texts from, Jase. By the time I pulled into my garage, I realized I left it at Johnny's house. Shit. I grab my bag and attempt to sneak into the house with hopes that my step-dad is asleep. 

The front door creaks open. I turn around and twist the lock. I take a deep breath. I can tell he's right behind me.

"Kenzie. You didn't reply to my text." His raspy voice whispers behind me tucking a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

"I accidently left it at Johnny's house."

"Don't let it happen again, we have things to do Kenzie." His mouth glides down my cheek and onto my neck.

"I'm tired Jase, I'm going to head to bed." I quietly reply in hopes he won't be upset with me. 

"Oh Kenzie, I've had these plans for weeks, don't tell me you're going to cancel now. My Ali would never do that." His hands releases off my waist and moves down to my thigh as it rises up to my shorts. 

"Of course not." I hastily reply.

"Here." He hands me a black dress and makes his way to his office, I can already hear the other voices when the door swings open and closes. A tear trickles down my left cheek. But I ignore it changing into the dress and making my way to his office.

 But I ignore it changing into the dress and making my way to his office

The men in the room can't be younger than 30. But that's alright because my dad consented to this. I'm almost 18. They surround the dimly lit room with a glass of bourbon in their hands. I take my seat next to one man on the couch. He begins to peel of my strap. I chose to forget what happens after. I leave his office 2 hours later and head to my room half dressed in nothing but my underwear. 

I wake up the next morning to the quiet sound of my alarm hoping I don't wake up Jase. I toss my clothes up covering the marks on my body.

As far as I know, and As far as anyone else knows, nothing happened last night

As far as I know, and As far as anyone else knows, nothing happened last night. I came home tired from studying, and went to bed. 

I head to school about 15 minutes before school starts, I drop a few things off at my locker when Johnny is standing on the other side of my locker door. 

"Hey, how are you?" He asks me with a smile as he leans against the locker next to mine. 

"I'm good, you?" I nevervously ask hoping he doesn't notice I won't make any eye contact with him. It's those damn eyes, I just want to tell everything to. But I can't, I'll have to move again. 

"Good, last night was fun, we should do that again." He walks away slipping my phone that I left at his house into my locker. I open it and head to my contacts to text Jase letting him know I got my phone back when I see another contact in my phone under 'J'.

It's Johnny's name and number. 

I can't help but smile my entire way to class, and probably for the rest of the day.

But it's not a big deal. I don't have time for relationships, Jase would not like that. He's just an attractive, popular, flirtatious guy. That's all. 

I made my way into AP Physics and sat down next to this one couple, or at least I think they are.

"Hey, you must be new, I'm Annie, and this is Asher." So this is who Emily told me about. She's right, Asher is pretty hot I'll admit that. And from the looks of it, Annie's a total badass, I feel like we will definitely get along. She's dressed in black from head to toe, but not in an emo unapproachable way. In more of an 'intimidating' way. Her hair was light brown, and long. Her chains dangled from her beld hoops, and Asher's hand rested on her thigh. Definitely a style strain I can hop on, well, without the hand part. 

"Hey, I'm Kenzie." I reply with a big smile.

"We know, we heard about you from yesterday morning, going after Johnny and all." Annie said with somewhat of a smirk. I closed my eyes for just a moment and sighed. Is there anyone who doesn't know? 

"Don't feel bad though," Asher replied. "Don't get me wrong i'm his friend and all, but Johnny can be an ass, but overall, he's a good guy." He smiled and opened up his books.

"I think I'm starting to see that..."

I spent most of the class time talk to Asher and Annie, they're both really nice people. I walked to lunch with them and they decided to join, Emily, Chase, and a few other mutual friends of ours. Johnny even came over and sat across from me. A few others joined and I got to meet a girl name Maisy, super nice and funny, and Lucas, he's hilarious and sweet, and also a total cutie. I had only been at this school and had already meet a great group of friends. Maisy, Emily, Annie, Asher, Chase, Lucas, Isaak, and well, Johnny.

After school, I got a message from Jase, his sister is coming into town, I don't remember a lot about her, but I remember I didn't like her for some reason. 

It was late at night, and I just finished my homework, when Laura came through the door. 

"I've got your dress for tonight." I think my heart stopped beating. She knew? When? How? I ran up to her so fast and gave her a hug, I think she was taken by shock. She's the first person that knew what Jase was doing.

"You have no idea how much I've been wanting to talk to someone about this." She looked at me confused. "What about it?" Her response seemed genuine, like it was nothing. "Jase, he's making me-"

"He's not making you do anything Kenzie, you should be grateful that you get to experience people in the most intense way as incredible as you father and those men downstairs waiting for you." 

What?

She can't be serious.

"Put the damn dress on and fix yourself up, they shouldn't have to wait." She turned around and headed out my door. "Ungrateful child." She muttered under her breath.

Suddenly I remember why I didn't like her.