Part 26

*Zayah's P

*Zayah's P.O.V / 13 Years later*

"And I'm standing here today telling you that you can survive anything if you just put your mind to it" I finished my speech in front of a group of girls.

They all clapped as the host of the seminar I am at came out "Let's give a big thanks to our motivational speaker of the night Ms. Zayah Lawrence"

I smiled looking out on to the young females I just spoke to. Make a living being a motivational speaker as well I opened a shelter for battered and and abused women along with my restaurant in New York called the Zee spot.

I soon walked off the stage and was handed a bottle of water by my assistant Olivia. I smiled and thanked her until Kiesha came running up to me "OMG Zayah you were amazing! I really think you touched those girls in a impactful way"

I laughed "I hope so and now I must go pick up Karmah from a sleep over and take her to cheerleading practice"

"Don't you want to pick up Kaylisha from Disney world for me so she can go to practice too" She asked cheesing

"Not really but I guess I'm going to. Olivia I'm leaving you can go home honey" I said as I picked up my purse and began to walk out.

"I'll come pick her up from your house after I leave my office" She yelled after me

I ignored her and went to my car. usually after one of these seminars I stay back and meet with some of the girls and listen to their stories but I really have to get my daughter to her practice. If I don't get her there on time I will never hear the end of it and how I don't respect t her cheer career. I Picked up Keshia's 12 year old daughter Kaylisha Then I picked up my 12 year old son Brandon from his friends house. Then I finally picked up the princess herself Miss Karmah. She got in the car and leaned over and kissed me on the cheek "Hi mommy"

I smiled "Hi baby ready to go"

she nodded and we were off to the girls cheerleading practices. Once at the practice the girls were out on the field and me and Brandon sat In the car. I worked on some of the things that I needed to work on until Brandon looked up from his phone "Ma can I go out of town this weekend with Dawson? His parents said I can go"

"It depends where they are going"

"Umm to Los Angeles"

"Yeah hell no Brandon you know we don't do Los Angeles" I stated

"Aww come on Ma why not please" He whined

"No Brandon you're not going! Listen it's for your safety" I snapped at him

He rolled his eyes and pushed his curly hair out of his face "So I can go anywhere else in this world except Los Angeles California? What did a whole city do to you"

I ignored his comment as flash backs of what being in Los Angeles got me. And how Brandon actually almost died the last time was there. I Never want my kids to know about that dark time in my life so I do my best to keep them away from there.