Part 12

*3 Days Later/Bruno's P.O.V*

I walked into Zayah's hospital room smiling "I got peach ice cream!"

She looked up from her phone smiling "Ooohh Yay!" She said in her raspy voice since she literally came off the breathing machine about three hours ago. After the doctors found out nothing in her throat was crushed but her vocal cords were a little swollen and was cutting off her air way so after the swelling went down the pulled her out of her medically induced coma and removed her off the breathing machine.

I gave her the ice cream cup and kissed her on the nose "How are yoy feeling baby?"

She blushed opening up the ice cream "I'm fine i just feel a little groggy"

I placed my hand on her stomach to feel a little flutter. I giggled "I'm guessing Lil Lawrence is feeling good to"

She put her hand on top of mines "Yea she is"

"Have you thought of any names for her yet?"

She shrugged taking her hand off mines and grabbing her spoon off the bed side table "A couple. But her middle name is set in stone"

I pulled my hand back and sat in the chair bext to the bed "What's her middle name?"

Zayah stuck a spoonful of ice cream in her mouth "Za'Mari"

I raised my eyebrow "Let me guess Phil picked that name?"

She laughed "No i picked it smart ass! Speaking of Phil have you spoken to him"

I shook my head "No i haven't babe"

Truth is his is sitting in Jail right now for Vandalism. Out off all the stupid things Phil has ever done in his life the other night was the stupidest instead beating the guy that did this to Zayah he smashed all the windows at the restaurant and was about to set it on fire when the police stopped him. And i was gonna pay his 5,000 dollar bail but Urbana told me not to. She said her and Phil got into a argument over her trip to Africa and she wanted to let him sit in there until she cooled off. I just hope she didn't find out about Zayah because i have seen Urbana angry with women just for looking at Phil and if she does anything to harm Zayah i'm afraid i will show my ass.

Zayah frowned "Oh okay. I kinda miss him. I thought he would've been here to see how i was doing. Bur i guess he could care less since his wife is back in town"

I sighed feeling bad wanting to tell her that Phil is in jail but then againg i have the need to ask her what was she expecting out this affair with Phil. I sat next to her on the bed "Can i ask you something Zayah and please don't take offense to it"

She nodded "Yea sure"

I grabbed her hand and rubbed my thumbs across her knuckles "This thing you got going on with Phil what were you expecting?  Did you think he would leave his wife and make a family with you?"

She shrugged "I didn't at first i knew at some point it had to end. But i figured after all the shit he has put me through in the last 10 months i started hoping we could be more"

I raised my eyebrown wondering what possibly could he have put her through "What do you mean? He treats you like the beautiful princess you are. He's bought you a car and a house and gave you a beautiful baby girl and he pays your phone bill"

She snapped her neck lookibgvat me like i offended her as tears filled her eyes "All that is materialistic Bruno! That's all the shit he wants you see! You're not seeing what i see every god damn day! He beats me. You've been wanting to know where those magical bruises has be coming from it's from Phil! He plays this sweet innocent guy that's cheating on his wife because he found himself a young thing. But in reality behind closed doors he's a monster that has tooken complete control over my life! I can't even go to class without running it by him! Some days i'm afraid to go home because i'm scared he's at home waiting for me, Bruno he gets mad because i've forgotten my phone or if i haven't made him dinner or some shit like that!" She screamed at me with her face drenched in tears.