Completing the mission

My eyes fly open as I sit up gasping. Looking around the room, i realise i'm sat in a large bed. Loki sits next to the bed and Frigga stands at the door. 

"Jess?" He moves closer to me, "How do you feel?"

Frigga steps into the room, narrowing her eyes and focusing on mine. She puts her hand out to stop Loki touching me. 

"Loki, look at her eyes."

"They're red?" My eyes now glow red, shining out in the darkness, "What's going on?"

"I don't know." says Frigga.

"Will she be okay?"

"You should be more worried about yourselves." I laugh, a devilish grin spreading across my face. Raising my arm and chanelling my powers, I throw Loki across the room. He lands against the wall, the breath knocked out of him. 

"Jessica! What are you doing?" I turn to see Frigga stood behind me, a blade in her hand. 

"I'm finally completing my mission." 

"What mission?" asks Loki, breathing heavily.

I chuckle as I step closer to Loki, my eyes glowing even brighter. "To kill you my dear Loki."

"You will not lay a hand on him!" Frigga's voice echoes in the room. 

"Oh I will. But first..." I turn away from Loki and draw my blade as I step closer to Frigga, "Let's play a little game."

I step to the side as Frigga launches herself at me, her blade clattering the flor where I stood moments before. Turning around, Frigga swings her blade at me head but I block her, sending her blade clattering to the floor. I grab her by the throat, gripping tightly. 

"You fight well old woman." I look into her eyes as I raise my blade, "Shame it's not enough." 

"I'm sorry Loki." gasps Frigga as I drive my blade through her heart. 

"No Mother!" cries Loki as he rushes towards us. 

Calmly, I drop her body to the ground, stepping over it as I walk towards her blade. Loki rushes to his mother's bodies side, crying and muttering iver and over, "No, mother please, wake up." 

"Why did you do that?" Loki turns to me, tears in his eyes. 

"I love to play games with my victims before I kill them," I chuckle as I step closer to Loki.

"You really are a monster." He shakes his head as he takes a deep breath. 

"Whilst I'm glad we finally agree on that," I place my fingers under his chin, turning his head to face me. My nose is inches from his as I look into his eyes. He shivers as my warm breath blows onto his cheeks, "You haven't seen nothing yet." I bop his nose before smirking as I turn away from him.

"So now what?"

"How about we play another little game?" I tap my finger against my shin as I ponder on what to do next. Should I just kill him now and get it over with? No I have to put on a good show. I have to stick to the script. 

"What game?"  

I turn my invisibility on, disappearing from sight, "How about hide and seek but with a twist?" 

"What?" asks a confused looking Loki.

"Oh come on, they don't call me the invisible assassin for nothing." I laugh, my voice echoing off the walls. 

"Y-You're the invisible assassin?" Loki swallows as his eyes dart around the room. For the first time ever, I see genuine fear on his face. Could it be? Is he actually scared of me? Or is it all just a show? 

"Ah, you've heard of me  then?" I stand behind his and whisper in his ear, my warm breath on his neck, "In that case, let's play a different game."

"What game?"

"I'll ask you three questions. If you get them correct then I'll let you live."

"And if I get them wrong?" Loki takes another deep breath.

"You die." I smile even though he can't see me. "Now first question, how long have I been the invisible assassin?" 

"Since 1933." 

"Ah, correct. Next Question." I step closer to Loki as his eyes dart around the room, "What do I do to my victims before I kill them?" 

"You play a game with them." He looks down at the floor, "Torture them, Brainwash them, make them believe that you're saving them from this world. And then, you make them beg you to kill them."

"Very good. Now for the last question,  who do I work for?"

"Nobody, you've always worked for yourself." 

"Oh dear, you were doing so well." I pat him on the shoulder and he jumps, his heart rate increasing. " I work for Hydra and now I get to kill you for them."

I grab him by his kneck, lifting him to my level. I turn off my invisibility to reveal myself to him. As my grip tightens around his neck, a smirk forms on my face. I lean in to him, whispering in his ear. 

"See, it always works." I pull back and smirk as I tighten the grip around his neck. He takes his last breath and I drop him to the floor. I then turn to the door where any minute now, my father will appear. 

"Well done Soldier." my father says as he steps around the corner into the exact spot I'd predicted he'd be, "you've completed your mission."