Tough day

When I reach my room, I collapse onto my bed, burying my head in my hands are sobbing. My tears roll off my face and onto the bed, soaking through the sheets. Suddenly, theres a knock at the door. 

"You aren't crying over those idiots are you?" joked Clint as he and Scott step into the room. 

"They definately aren't worth your tears." comments Scott,

Sitting up, I wipe my tears away and smile at them, "What are you doing here?"

"We thought you could use this." Scott hands me a drink before sitting down on the bed next to me.

"And we came to check if you were ok." admits Clint, sitting on the other side of my bed. 

"I'm fine." I lie, holding back more tears.

"No you're not."

"It's just been a tough few days that's all." I mumble, taking a sip of my drink. 

"Do you want to talk about it?"

"Well," I take a shaky breath before continuing, "First I lost my dad and evem though he was a terrible father, I did still love him. And I guess, some part of me still misses him." I look up at them both, "Does that make me a bad person?"

"No."  Scott shakes his head, "It makes you an even better person than before for loving someone like him." 

"Thanks Scott." 

"That's not everything though is it?" 

"No that's only the start. As well as losing my dad, I lost my brother." My voice breaks as a wave of tears escape my eyes, "And the worst part is it's my fault." 

"It's not your fault." argues Clint.

"I miss him so much it hurts. I mean, I try not to think about it but no matter how hard I try to distract myself, nothing makes me feel any better. How am I supposed to keep living like this?"

"Eventually it'll get easier and it will hurt less. I promise." 

"It's going to take some time and it's going to be hard byt we promise we'll be with you every step of the way." assures Clint. 

"Thank you." I smile at them through the tears, "I don't know what I'd do without you guys." 

"You don't have to. Now how about you tell us what that was about downstairs?"

"Where shall I start?"