Chapter 29

[Y/n's P.O.V.]

The more I interacted with the people there, the more annoying people I met. Most of the people I met were 'kind'. It wasn't really because they chose to, more like they were forced, This was mainly because my father was the most successful person in Japan at the time. I couldn't stand such people but I had to.

At the gathering, I didn't see many people around my age. It felt pretty awkward being the only young one there. So instead of standing around, I sat down at my father's reserved spot. I looked around the room and I couldn't find my father. It was oddly strange. A second ago he was in my sight but when I sat down, I lost him.

I asked a servant that passed by me about my father. "No ma'am. I haven't seen where L/n-san went." Said the servant.

Perhaps he had to use the bathroom. He couldn't be planning something so early.

I had to look past it and talk to more people. A perfect opportunity couldn't be wasted. But something was off. He isn't as dumb as the ordinary person. This man wouldn't let me have such a golden opportunity in order to swoop his associates.

Then I looked up and saw my father speaking to a man. It was a relief to have him in my sight. I didn't want to lose sight of him in case of something he stirs up. I got up from my seat and began to greet a person that had arrived.

"Hello, I'm Y/n. It's a pleasure to meet you." I cooed with a forced soft smile. They looked at me and smiled.

"It is an honor to meet you Miss princess." They grabbed my hand and softly kissed it.

Huh, I really wish they could drop that name.

The person wore a bright glitter dress that complemented their smooth dark skin. They were around 170 cm as they wore black heels. They had a gold clutch in their hands. Her shoulder-length black hair was very curly and bouncy.

She smiled at me as she raised her face. "I'm Amelia."

It felt nice to meet a person that seemed around my age. A bonus to this was the fact that nothing seemed off about her. I had no bad gut feeling like I did when I met the rest of the people. Amelia seemed a bit different from the rest.

The woman observed me and had a curious look on her face. She then asked, "May I ask, how old are you Y/n-san?"

I looked at her again. I tried to unveil her true intentions but there was no true intentions. It seemed like she actually wanted to get to know me. "I am 20 years old. How old are you Amelia-san?" I was very curious about her age as well. She didn't seem too old nor too young.

She chuckled before responding, "What a coincidence! I am also 20 years old." Her voice was a bit too loud, which caused the people around us to stare.

"My apologies, I should lower my voice." It was very uplifting to have a person like her around. My mood went up because of her. Amelia seemed like a person I wanted to be associated with.

I flashed her a smile before asking her a question that kept bothering me. "Say Amelia, this may seem rude to ask. But what family do you come from?"

The look in her face suddenly changed into a serious one. Her stance was different too. She stood tall and proud before she answered my question. "I come from the Kawabata family. They adopted me. I am very honored to be taken in by them."

"Y/n, this is Hideko Kawabata, wife of Yasunari Kawabata."

Ahh she's that woman's daughter.

After that, Amelia went with her parents. While I had to go talk to more and more people. I just wish I could befriend her. She seemed very bright and possibly I could use her in the process as well.... Stop that, you are starting to sound like your father Y/n-

====================

[Author's Note]

Why hello there- this is a very short chapter sorry