Chapter 16

+Y/N's P.O.V. +

The rain fell down on my umbrella as I walked to the store. Puddles of water would splatter as I would step into them. I was scared of slipping so I took small steps.

I took a deep breath and sighed. The streets were not filled with cars and the sidewalks weren't filled with people walking. Everyone was probably at home sleeping while I was by myself walking, all alone.

It had been three days since Chūya had left. At first I sort of got used to it. But as time went by, I missed him even more. Sure, we would be on the phone talking but it wasn't the same.

Although I missed him, I didn't let that stop me from working. I still worked and didn't complain to others. He would just be away for a few more days and come back.

As I was in thought, I looked up and saw the convenience store in front of me. I closed my umbrella and went inside. Due to it being late at night, I was the only customer there.

The aisles were full of yummy food. I looked around, looking for the stuff I would buy. It was hard to choose which stuff to get since they were all delicious.

After deciding, I ended up buying more than I expected. Most of what I bought was just snacks for tomorrow.

I left the store and walked back home. Even though I could defend myself, walking alone at night was still scary for me. Back then when I couldn't defend myself, I always got scared to be alone. Growing up with the mentality of 'Being a girl means that you have a higher chance of getting kidnapped or raped. This is why you never wear tight or short clothing.' caused me to get paranoid at times. Especially since I had sort of tight clothes on, I got scared even more.

My pace got faster each step I took. The rain started to fall more and more. As the rain got heavier, I activated my ability. Once my ability was activated, I felt a bit calmer. I slowed down and admired the city's light. Although it was late at night, the city's lights were on. The feelings of melancholy came back to me.

A heavy feeling in my chest lingered and wouldn't go away. All I could do was just sigh. I hated feeling those feelings. Only one thing could help it go away but he was gone for a while.

Before I knew it I arrived at my apartment. I went inside and unlocked my door. Then after putting my 'groceries' away, my cabinets were filled with snacks. I heated up water and opened a package of ramen. After making it and eating I headed straight to bed.

                                                      +++++

+3rd P.O.V.+

Elizabeth B. Browning

Ability: Cry of the children

She crossed her legs and picked up the book in front of her. She flipped to the page she left off and started to read.

As she read her book, one of her henchmen entered the room. They walked up to her and bowed. Elizabeth looked up from her book. She put it down on the table in front of her and switched the book for a cup of tea.

"Sorry for interrupting you, but we have the information you needed." Her henchman bowed and handed her a file.

Elizabeth eyed the man. She then took a sip of her cup of tea and placed it on the table. Her position shifted and grabbed the file her henchman handed to her.

"Are you sure it's the same girl I encountered that day?" She asked since she wasn't convinced that they found the one she encountered.

"Yes, it is the same woman. There's a picture inside that file. That file has all the information we were able to find about her. Please excuse me." Her henchman bowed and left the room.