Chapter 20

+3rd P.O.V - Time: 11:26 p.m.+

The short ginger man walked back and forth outside of the infirmary room. He tapped his fingers on his upper left arm. The one inside the infirmary room was y/n. When they arrived at the Port Mafia, she was immediately sent to the infirmary. After all that happened, she needed to rest. They had to take her blood and find out the reason for her ability to disappear.

She was in a fine condition, but that didn't calm down Chuuya. He was worried that she would get in a worse condition over time.

"She's awake sir." The doctor told him.

Chuuya's head lifted up. He rushed inside the room. The room had a couple of people with minor injuries inside. A bed in the back was occupied by y/n. Once he spotted her, he ran to her.

Y/N sat up on her bed. She stretched her arm and yawned.

"Do you feel okay? Does anything feel strange?" The short man questioned her.

The h/c haired woman rubbed her eyes. She gave him a small smile. Before she answered him, she glanced around the room. In the same room, she spotted a small child. The woman got up and got closer to the child. Once she was next to the child, she knelt down.

"Katsumi?!" She said in a worried tone.

Chuuya tried to stop her but he was too late. He didn't inform y/n about Katsumi's state earlier because she wouldn't be able to fully rest.

"When they threw those smoke bombs to kidnap you, Katsumi fainted. The doctor said that he's healthy and all. But he hasn't woken up since then." Chuuya informed her about what had happened.

Her [dominant hand] clenched into a fist. It was silent for a moment, until she sighed. Y/N got up and turned around to face her lover. He was confused since she was acting strange.

"Do you think Katsumi is a spy?" Her voice was low.

Chuuya furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He didn't understand why she would think of that. 'Katsumi is a questionable state, so why would she think that.' He thought.

"What makes you say that? Can't you see the condition in?" He got angrier the more he thought of what was going on in her mind.

"He isn't like a normal child. His backstory and how he acts doesn't make sense. He behaves well and never misses or cries for his parents. A four year old would cry for their parents for weeks or months. Meanwhile Katsumi behaved well and he was better after I took him in. " She said what had been on her mind ever since she had met him.

The ginger Mafioso was still a bit angry. Clearly the little one that both of them cared for wasn't doing good. He hadn't woken up in about 4 hours. The ones he both cared for was in questionable states. All he wanted was for them to be okay.

"Is Kajii here?" Y/N asked him.

He felt a bit jealous that she was asking about another man. The ginger thought to himself that he shouldn't worry.

"Yeah, he's in his laboratory working. Do you want me to take you?" He offered her.

She told him that she knew how to get there. Before she left, she gave him a peck on his cheek. When she closed the door behind her, he sighed. 'What is she up to?" He thought to himself.

+Y/N's P.O.V.+

I ran to Kajii's laboratory. It was getting late so he might be leaving soon. If only I had my ability to get there faster. When I got there, he was cleaning up his workplace.

"Hello y/n. What brings you here?" The man with the white lab coat asked.

"Are you available tomorrow?" I said and tried to catch my breath.