Chapter 23

[Y/n's P.O.V.]

I had arrived too early on the day of my first shipment. There were no jobs for me since Mori had told me to only focus on the shipment for the day. Like usual, Chuuya had gone off on a mission. Everyone was busy working while I sat on my chair waiting till nightfall.

One thing I could do is to remodel my room. I wanted to change my room to have a minimalistic design. The walls would be white and the floor would be made out of birch wood. A simple white desk, along with a beige office chair that would face the door. On my right, the window would have sheer white curtains with a small plant on the window stool. To the left of the door, a tall file cabinet would stand.

The only problem was that I was nervous to ask. Birch is a bit expensive and I wanted to change everything in the office. I felt a bit greedy. Then again, Mori did say that I could ask for it to be remodeled.

If I work in a mafia, I shouldn't be nervous about anything or anyone.

I got up and walked all the way to Mori's office. At his office, I asked him for the room to be remodeled. He said that he'll send someone to my room and they will take care of the rest. I thanked him and left.

When I walked back to my room, I saw Koyo. The woman also saw me and smiled. She walked up to me. Once she was in front of me, I bowed.

"You're a special gem Y/n." She said with the monotone tone of hers.

I lifted my head. Special gem?

"How am I a special gem?" I asked the woman with red hair.

She chuckled at my question. A small smile appeared on her face before she answered me. "Somehow you were able to go up the ranks within a small amount of time. All of your plans always turn out how you predict it to be. Who knows, maybe a month later you'll also be an executive like me."

I doubted her remarks. "I don't think I could become an executive within a month. Sure I'm good at what I do but that wouldn't be enough to be an executive."

"You're capable of many things. You just need to figure out what else you could do." The woman walked past me without glancing at me. "By the way...." She trailed off, causing me to turn to face her.

"Chuuya has a gift for you. To see your gift, you'll have to come along." Without letting me say a word, she continued walking.

Gift? He never said anything about a gift.

I didn't question her. I followed her to where my gift was.

-------------------------------------------------------

We went to the other Port Mafia building that was across to the building we previously were at. In the other building, it was practically the same.

The same black walls and the dark carpeted floor. Dim lighting that was followed by the heavy atmosphere. Guards at every corner with guns at hand.

Although I had been working there for a while, the exact sensation of being afraid of the place when I first arrived lingered. If it would have to be put in words, then it would be like entering a lion's den. I would be the defenseless zebra with lions all around me.

Of course I was one of them too but it still was scary. I didn't have everyone's trust. It isn't so easy and quick. It takes time to earn one's trust.

"We're here." Announced the red haired woman in front of me.

I looked up. Many rusty cells, some with prisoners and some with none. Soft whimpers were heard from some of them. The guards bowed in a 90 degree angle as Koyo and I walked by. Some of them raised a brow when I came into their view.