[Chapter 4] - The Boss

[Y/n's P.O.V]

Once I knew that I was inside the room, I stepped out of the wall and deactivated my ability. The sunlight from the huge window illuminated the room. An outline of a man sitting down could be seen. The room appear to be huge. From the window, most of the city's building could be seen. The man in the chair turned around to face in my direction. I took the chance to analyze his face. He had black, slicked back hair with chin length bangs at each side of his face. He had a fair tone and violet eyes. Suddenly he spoke.

"What are you doing here?" The man said as if he knew who I was. It was terrifying to be in the same room with a mafia boss. 

"I-I heard you are the boss here." I said as my words kept stuttering. My body was shaking from all the tension I was feeling.

"And you're here to kill me?"

Before I could answer him, guards came in. They started to shoot at me. With the sudden attack, I got injured. I wasn't fast enough to activate my ability fast enough. But as fast as I could react, I activated it.

"Dead before Death" After activating it, I fell to the floor.

Warm blood started to ooze out of the fresh wounds that were caused by the bullets shot into my left shoulder. I tried to endure the pulsating pain on my left shoulder. I got up slowly and I tried to walk towards the boss. Finally I got to the boss, after what felt like hours of walking.

Before I fainted. I said what I wanted to say. 

"Let me join you."

[Hours later]

I woke up to a beeping sound in a unfamiliar room. I turned my head to look at my left. I saw a tube in my arm. I froze at that moment. What happen to me? I tried to recall what had happen before I ended up here. Then it came to me, I got shot. By looking around the room I can tell that I was probably in a hospital. There was lots of gunshots at the building, obviously the police would arrive or something. There goes my chance at revenge, it slipped away from my grasp. I had the option to continue to look for another mafia or just give up. A woman in a mask appeared.

"You're lucky to survive your shot. The bullet didn't hit your artery or any internal organs. Cleaning up the wound and removing the bullet was the only thing I had to do to you." She said as she removed the tube from my arm.

"Am I free to leave?" I asked as I slowly started to get up from the bed.

"Not yet. I don't know what the boss wants with you. He order me to treat your wound. You're lucky that he didn't order you to kill you on the spot." She said as she started to put away some of the equipment.

"Wait so the police didn't any of the gunshots? How?" I said wondering how no one had came to check.

Before she could answer one of the men in the black suit showed up, he had the same suit as the others who attacked me.

"Follow me." He said with a firm tone as he waited for me by the door.

I got up and started to walk towards him. I was surprise there was no pain in my shoulder. Once I reached the door, he started walking. I followed him till we arrived to at the door. I assume it was the door that led to the boss's room. We walked in only to see the same huge room. The only difference was that the big windows were gone. There was a lots of book shelves on the wall. In the middle of the room, the same man with black hair was in my view.