Chapter 21

When I walk into the living room I almost barf. Her lips are touching his. Sadie's lips are all over Dylan's. This is no mistake, because they are making out. "I can't believe you." I say as I rush towards my room.

I can hear their footsteps following me. I can hear their voices, which are muffled because there's pounding. I think the pounding is coming from my head. Or my heart. I don't know. I just know it's loud, and it needs to stop.

My face is hot. I feel the tears rush down my face as I close the door, quickly locking it behind me.

I close my eyes tight, but all I can picture is the two of them. I lay down. I can't breathe.

Why did I trust him.

Why did I trust her.

You can never truly put all of your trust in a person, because they will let you down. They will do something that will break you. Everybody will. You may not believe it, but you can't put all of your happiness in others hands.

Banging. On the door.

I heave for a breath. I don't want to be awake. I don't want to feel this. I don't want life to keep going. I'm done. I'm done with life.

I've been let down too much.

I've been picked on too much.

I've been sad too much.

I've been hurting too much.

It may seem pointless, but my head is jumbled up and I can't breathe and I'm tired of this.

I'm tired of the thoughts urging me to cut again.

I'm tired of being let down.

I'm tired of pretending to be happy again.

I'm tired of life.

I sit up, making my way to my dresser. I pull out a pen and paper and begin to write.