Chapter Ten

Ashley's P.O.V.

I laugh as soon as Dylan and I turn the corner. "We're going to a park on our date?"

He looks at me and smiles his big goofy smile. "Ashley. Do you remember what it was like being a kid?" He asks as he walks towards the swing sets. "No worries. You always knew if you scraped your knee, your parents would be at your aid." I decide to let him talk, because I think he's trying to make a point. "And they would tell you everything would be okay. It seemed like they saved you." He sits down on a swing and I sit on the one next to him. he looks me in the eyes. "Well, Ashley. That's what I'm doing. If you fall down and scrape your knee, I'll be there for you. I'm saving you."

"Saving me from what?"

"I'm not sure yet. But- I know you need saving."

"Why are you trying to save me Dylan? I'm a mess. Nothing ever ends right when you get involved with me. Things always end bad."

He reaches over and grabs the chains of my swing, pulling me close to him. "I don't care if this ends bad for me. I want you to finally be happy. And I'm doing it because I've known people that have been in your situation. And it's scary to see them fall and have no help up....... And because I love you."

I'm shocked by that last part. Nobody has ever told me they love me. But before I have time to react he kisses me. Once he pulls away I whisper "I love you too." He smiles and let's go of the chains of my swing. He begins to kick his legs and swing, just like a little kid. I begin to swing as well.

We stay at the park for almost an hour. Acting like little kids. He seems so happy to be with me, and I can't seem to understand why. Once he gets to know me, he'll want to leave. I'm sure of it. But I let him believe I'm going to be happy forever, because I'm happy right now. For once in my life.

---------------
Sorry this chapter is boring /.\ haha I hope you have liked the story so far though :3 I'll try to post again tomorrow c: