Leave Me Home Alone

Ari POV

Sean didn't come back 'till later that night. I couldn't tell exactly what time it was but the moon was at its highest peak and the stars were as bright as ever. I could only assume it was around midnight. Id waited up on him. I thought about what he said for a good long time. I guess it was nice of him to bring me along with him instead of just leave me there to die.

I guess it was nice of him to come back early because he didn't want me to wake up alone. But what he said during his explanation was rude. What he'd wanted to do to me was just wrong. I heard the cabin door open and close. I heard Sean's heavy sigh and his soft footsteps. I was sitting by the window. Looking out into the bluish black sky, the cream white moon and the yellow stars.

I heard the 'bedroom' door open and the footsteps stop. But I didn't look over at Sean. "Why are you still up?" He asked. I took in a deep breath, and slowly let it out. "I wanted to say I'm sorry." I start. "It was wrong of me not to be grateful that you decided to do what you did for me, and I'm sure you did all you could to look for everyone else. And I wanted to say I'm sorry, and thank you."

Sean said nothing for a second. I heard him swallow and scratch his head. "Um, your welcome." He said. I sat at the window for a little bit. I listened to Sean shuffling out and into his clothes. When he finished, I changed into something more comfy, too. I lay down in bed, awake, for a good long while. Finally my eyes give out and I fall asleep.

I woke up the next morning to the sunlight. Or maybe the chirping of birds. Or maybe the swishing of the ocean. I don't know but it was something I woke up to. Sean gave me a sandwich. I looked at it for a while. "It's not poisoned and u didn't spit in it or anything." he said rolling his eyes. "If I wanted to do something to your food I'd piss in your apple juice." He laughed. "Note to self, don't take Apple juice from Sean." I said quietly. Sean laughed again.

I finished my sandwich and Sean put on his jacket. "Im going to see if I can find anyone else, you stay here and don't go anywhere far until I get back." I rolled my eyes and nodded. "Those eyes girl." he barked before leaving. Sean always hated when I rolled my eyes. It was just kinda part of my nature. I didn't know how long Sean was going to be gone, but I wasn't gonna just sit around while he went out and did whatever. I got dressed and brushed my teeth in the bathroom. They had a bathroom.

Interesting. I walked out of the cabin and down what was a cement-y trail. I followed the trail, which was quite long, and made it to a beach. I loved the beach. The sound of the water was beautiful to me, it could sing me to sleep like a lullaby. The color of the water was so gorgeous and it was my favorite. The hot sand felt so good on my feet and I could stay there all day.

I wish there was endless summer.

I walked along the beach for a while. I'd taken off my shoes and socks and held them in my hand. I watched out wide into the ocean. I sat on a high rock and I could see a lot. The clouds were spread out enough to let the sun shine through and the sky show its beautiful blue. There were Dolphins far out, but close enough so I could see them splashing around.

I loved Dolphins. So cute!! I got up a little later, and started walking back to the cabin. I put my socks and shoes on when I got to the trail and walked back up to the 'house' and I was 'bout tired when I got there. Immediately going to the kitchen, I grabbed some chips and a soda. Then I went and sat on 'my' bed and lazily, slop-ily ate my food. "And I can't change...even if I tried...even if I wanted to...and I can change...even if I tried...even if I wanted to...my love, my love my love, she keeps me warm..." I hummed. "Love is patient...love is kind..."

I nodded my head to the soft tune. I looked over and noticed how bright the room was. I clicked my you tongue and shook my head. "This won't due." Putting my food down, and grabbing my bag, I took out a small, think blanket I had.

I measured it to the long window and it would fit. I split it down the middle, neatly, with some scissors I had. I wrapped them around the pole thing over the top of the window, and sewed them up so they would stay. I pulled them closed, and open. Testing them. I liked them. I looked at the blankets on the beds and noticed they didn't match with the curtains. That wouldn't due, either. I snatched the ugly navy comforters off of the bed and replaced them with my yellow and blue ones. They matched the smaller blanket I used as a curtain.

I nodded my head and smiled. And what was I to do with those navy comforters? I figured I could make a good hammock if I found some good rope. Ah, I bet Sean had some good rope. I snuck over to 'his' bed and opened the first duffle bag I saw. "Ahah!" I called out in success. There were two, thick, long ropes. I took them out of the bag and zipped it closed.

With the scissors, the blankets and the ropes, I went outside and behind the cabin. There a few trees, leaves everywhere, and two pretty big logs. Wrapped up wire, a wheel barrow, a wagon, small logs, a shovel and an ax. I shook my head. "This will not due." I put the blankets down on the ground, along with the ropes, and grabbed the shovel. I shoveled leaves and leaves out of the way. Under them was pretty, pretty grass, but it took a long time to get to the grass, and to get all of the leaves in the wheel barrow. The wheel barrow was way too small to fit all those leaves and I constantly had to dump it out up, up the trail.

Then bring it back down. I finished removing all of the leaves and I thought about what I should do next. Move the longs. I pushed and pushed as hard as I could. I guess gym payed off but it took at least 2 hours to get both logs where o wanted them. I lined them up on the side of the cabin so if you sat on them, you could have back support. There was a back door to the cabin and I'd made sure not to block it.

After I moved the logs, I fixed the hammocks tightly. They failed a couple times after I tested them, but I kept trying and I got them to stay up. Then, I took the wire and the smaller logs, and set up a fence around the back of the yard that I cleaned out. No animal visitors please.

I used the other navy blanket to put over the logs and make a soft cushion. I put the wagon, wheel barrow, etc, onto the far side of the newly formed yard so they wouldn't hurt anyone. I noticed a small she'd that I fenced in and so I went to bein' nosy. It took a few tries but I got the door open. BINGO!!