Matters

Sean POV

I blinked. Since when did she care about me so much? Ari sounded irritated when she said that. There goes that attitude that I hate and that's the shit that makes me mad. But I was ignoring it because I was still stuck on why she was irritated by me leaving without telling her. "Look, I didn't realized you cared." I admitted. "Well I do. Never mind. It doesn't even matter."

"Yes it does matter. Don't make a deal over something and then tell me it doesn't matter because-" "I just did." Ari said over her shoulder. That pissed me off. One, the fact that she had the nerve to interrupt me and two, the fact that she talked back to me with attitude. I stood up quickly, ready to snatch her by her hair. She turned to face me and I thought about what Rick said.

I couldn't go visit him, I just got back. So instead, I just walked out. Ari turned off the sink and followed me outside. "Now where are you going?" Her tone was still irritated and it was irritating me. "Its doesn't matter remember?" I said throwing that action back at her. I heard her take a deep breath in and out as I shoved my hands into my pockets.

"Can you please come inside?" She asked softly. Her tone had went down to almost a beg as I turned to face her. "I just don't want to spend another night alone..." The way her head was down and the fact that she wouldn't look up at me made me want to know what she was thinking. When I took too long to answer and didn't make a feature that said I was going back into the house, Ari just silently turned and went in by herself.

I rubbed my face. Knowing the right thing to do weather or not I was upset. So, I stood outside for a bit longer before making the decision to go back into the house and apologize. For what? For putting my hands on her, for making her sleep outside, for not feeding her, for not telling her where I was, for making her upset.

Shaking my head, I made my way into the bedroom. Ari was laying on her bed with her back facing me. "I'm sorry." I said. "What are you sorry for? You didn't do anything." Ari still didn't turn to look at me. "I did everything, okay?" But Ari didn't move. "Can you look at me please?" She rolled over and faced me and I kneeled down beside the bed so I could make eye contact with her.

"I'm sorry...for putting my hands on you...for making you sleep outside...for not feeding you...for not telling you where I went...and for making you upset." My hand made its way to caress Ari's face and when it did Ari finally met my eyes. "I really am sorry... but I can't promise you that I won't do any of that stuff again...and I think you know that..." Ari sat up and nodded.

She crawled over to me and wrapped her arms around my neck, resting her head on my right shoulder. I hugged her back tightly. Man did it feel good to hold her. I hadn't held her like that in so long I couldn't even remember. The memory of it flushed my mind. Nothing about her changed yet, everything about her had.

Ari still smelled like roses, her skin was still soft as the pedals, her hair was still as flowy as the ocean water, her hands still as small as a baby's, her lips still as pink as her purse. But...even though her appearance and feeling hadn't changed...she had. She had changed inside. I let that thought escape my mind just happy for what was happening in the moment.

After a few more moments I sighed. "It's getting late, Fox. Go get ready for bed." I said releasing a disappointed looking Ari. But she nodded and gathered some clothes and went into the bathroom. I ran my hand through my hair and went over to my side of the room. I snatched off my shirt and pants and slipped on some pajama pants. It was very dark outside and I checked my phone to see what time it was. 10. Later then I thought.

~~~~~~

A/N

Hey look, my first Author's note, anyways:

This was short because I don't really like it. I got kinda bored but the next one will be longer. K?