The time travellers best friend

Morning boys and girls, that being said I have no idea when I'm going to publish this chapter, I've literally just posted the last one, but got into the writing grove.

Anywho chapter 9 whoop whoop

The Tardis materialises on a spaceship with a long central hub and two rotating sections, one larger than the other. Mickey is elated that he got a spaceship on his first trip, he cheers at the others look around noticing equiptment scattered around. Rose spins on the spot frowning.

"It looks kind of abandoned." She pauses peering down the dark corridor "Anyone on board?" she shouts.

"Nah, nothing here. Well, nothing dangerous. Well, not that dangerous. You know what, I'll just have a quick scan, in case there's anything dangerous." He answers her. She rolls her eyes.

"So, what's the date? How far we gone?"

"About three thousand years into your future, give or take." He finds a light switch on the console, once the room is bright enough, they can see space through the window, the Doctor points.

"Fifty first century. Diagmar Cluster, you're a long way from home, Mickey. Two and a half galaxies."

Rose claps her hands on Mickeys shoulders.

"Mickey Smith, meet the universe. See anything you like?"

Mickey makes a comment about how realistic it all looks, Rose bites back a laugh turning away. The Doctor take a minute just to look at him, then Rose with exasperation. He turns to Rose choosing to ignore the comment.

"Got a ton of repair work going on. Now that's odd. Look at that. All the warp engines are going. Full capacity. There's enough power running through this ship to punch a hole in the universe, but we're not moving. So where's all that power going?" He taps a console. She turns to him questions in her gaze.

"Where'd all the crew go?"

"Good question. No life readings on board."

"Well, we're in deep space. They didn't just nip out for a quick fag."

"No, I've checked all the smoking pods." He jokes. "Can you smell that."

Rose and Mickey agree, they can smell meat cooking. The Doctor strides towards the console with purpose, hitting a few buttons. The door across from them swings open causing Mickey to jump.

[Fireplace room]

The far wall is panelled, and contains a blazing fire in an ornate fireplace, with an ormolu clock on the mantlepiece.

"Well, there's something you don't see in your average spaceship. Eighteenth century. French. Nice mantle. Not a hologram. It's not even a reproduction. This actually is an eighteenth-century French fireplace. Double sided. There's another room through there." The Doctor muses out loud. Frowning at his declaration Mickey looks through the window on the same wall.

"It can't be, that's space out there." He shouts.

"Hello." Rose calls to young girl in a nightgown, who is kneeling on the other side of the fireplace."

"Hello." She responds startled.

The Doctor asks the young girl her name, where and when she is. Young Reinette is very confused by the questions but answers anyway. Once he has all his answers, he bids her a god night turning to the others.

"You said this was the fifty first century." Mickey accuses.

The Doctor shrugs haplessly, "I also said this ship was generating enough power to punch a hole in the universe. I think we just found the hole. Must be a spatio-temporal hyperlink."