1. the new girl

Claire? Your gonna be late. Claire come on, wake up.

Claire slowly starts to open her eyes, she quickly pops up looking around. She had not been used to hearing voices in the morning, but it had just been her kwami Lix trying to wake her up.

Lix was supposed to represent a green chameleon. She had a thick line going down her small head. She also had a darker shade of green fins along her spine and a long tail that was curved at the end. She had a faint scale-like texture.

"You scared me Lix."

She slowly said as her kwami was now in front of her. Claire held her head up as she got small pain in her head.

"Are you ok Claire?"

Lix had tried to ask, Claire, nodded slowly pulling the blankets off her bed.

"It's just these morning headaches again."

Lix floated around to find some painkillers. She came back and handed them to Claire. Claire gulped her water and pills down, got up, and headed across her little studio apartment to the kitchen.

"Claire I can feel the energies of other kwamis here in Paris."

Claire came back to her bed and sat down, gulping more water down. She took a strand of her hair that was floating in her face and put it behind her ear. She was sad, she was tired. She let out a long sigh as she handed Lix a chocolate chip cookie from the kitchen. Lix took it and gobbled it up.

"Lix I'm really tired of these "secrets" you've been hiding."

She emphasized the word secrets to show her frustration.

"I don't know why we've come to Paris. I don't know what this necklace means or what any of this means."

Lix held a pendant in her tiny hands and brought it to Claire. The pendant was a Jade Koru, which looked like a green swirled circle. Lix hovered over the necklace as she sat down on Claire's bed.

"Claire I cannot tell you, but please trust me. You were chosen to hold this miraculous by your grandmother. She could've kept it from you but she didn't and even though she most likely didn't know what the necklace really meant, she knew you would."

Claire felt a bit better, being reminded of her grandmother made her sympathize with what Lix was saying. Claire and her grandmother had a strong relationship before her passing, she was the only parent figure she had. She had moved to Paris after she was given the miraculous per her grandmother's wishes. She had felt alone most of her life, but her grandmother tried to make her feel less alone every day.

And yes even though she had a close relationship with her grandmother, her grandmother was quite old and Claire felt the need to take care of her more. She had only moved in with her grandmother a couple of months ago before her illness completely took over.

"Your grandmother knew this necklace was more than just a showpiece. I promise I will explain everything soon."

Lix said as she lifted the miraculous and put it against Claire's heart. Claire took the necklace and slipped it on. She nodded and took a deep breath.

"Alright then, come on we have to get ready!"

Lix jumped up in the air, flying in circles as Claire excitedly walked to her closet. She picked out an outfit, her black straight jeans, and white peasant top. She put on some green converse for a pop of color and smiled at herself in the mirror. She looked down at her reflection, posed right in front of the mirror. Claire's brown wavy hair hanging neatly on her shoulders as her beautiful skin glowed against the blouse. She finally met up with her green eyes as they stared back at her reflection. Claire felt her body tense as she felt the confidence she had before slip away.