26. Awake and Better

*Line Without A Hook - Ricky Montgomery*

*Dancing in the rain edit of the song*

*This is the song I imagined Luka wrote*

~*~
*a week later*

Claire's plan miraculously worked that night. Her sacrifice brought everyone back which allowed Ladybug to use her lucky charm and fix all the damage that was done. She also freed the Akuma from the scepter(which previously turned to stone in the blast) and took the unresponsive girl to the hospital. Luckily since Claire already had enhanced powers due to her akumatization, the effects of the cataclysm were less life-threatening, putting her into an induced coma.

It had been around a week since the attack of The Queen of Mean. Luckily no new villain or Akuma has been spotted since then. This allowed most of Claire's friends to check in on her, hoping her friend would wake up soon. They left gifts and well-decorated cards every time they visited, leaving Claire a massive pile of items to open when she woke up.

"Hey, Claire."

Luka tightly held her hand as he lifted his head off the bed. Luka had been there by her bedside every day after school.

Claire. Please wake up.

Luka wanted her to wake up soon so that he could see her smile again. That night really affected him, he saw Claire in a way he never saw before. She was completely broken that night and she was left all alone. No one could've prevented what had happened yet he still felt extremely guilty.

"I wrote a new song for the band. I hope you don't mind."

Luka picked his guitar from the opened guitar case on the floor and strummed. He quietly sang the lyrics written for the melody before looking back at Claire at the end.

"I know it sucks right now. But I need my amazing songwriting partner back or else nothing good is gonna get written for the band."

Luka smiled softly, looking back down at his guitar. He was imagining Claire's witty response in his head.

I am amazing, aren't I?

Luka raised an eyebrow, looking up at the smiling girl upon him.

"Claire!"

The boy jumped up off his seat, dropping his guitar on the floor and tightly hugging her.

"Claire. Thank god you're finally awake. I missed hearing your voice so much."

"Aw-hm that's so sweet Luka. T-Thank you."

Claire's face flushed with pink, melting into his arms. The two pulled away and rested their foreheads on each other. Luka brushed a strand of hair away from her face and cupped her cheek.

"I really missed you, Claire."

Soon a doctor rushed in and the two teenagers separated. They started a routine check-up and Luka excused himself to call his friends.

"Hey, Alya. It's me Luka, Claire's awake."

~*~