30. Forever Family

~a couple of months later~

Dear, Aunt Clarissa. It's been a long time since I've last written and let me just tell you that a lot has happened since then. Every day we are getting more closer to defeating Hawkmoth, which is crazy to even think about because I cannot imagine not being Whiplash and not saving Paris alongside Ladybug and Chat Noir every day.

The three heroes raced along the many rooftops of Paris, catching the attention of the nearby citizens down below. They cheered as they saw their beloved superheroes protecting the beautiful city of Paris.

"Haha! We were so amazing today!"

Whiplash stoked as she congratulated her team upon their recent successful de-akumatization. Ladybug and Chat Noir landed a few inches behind her and laughed at the girl's excitement.

"I think I did a pretty good job if I do say so myself."

Chat Noir smirked at them before Ladybug playfully punched his arm and shook her head in disapproval.

"Oh yes because terrible puns and jokes definitely save the day."

Chat Noir crossed his arms together and huffed loudly before Whiplash scratched the back of his head.

"Come here, Kitty Kitty. Who's a good kitty, you're a good kitty. Yes, you are!"

Chat Noir purred as Whiplash continued to scratch behind his ears. Ladybug raised an eyebrow at the two before laughing at the foolishness in front of her.

"Okay okay. I'm gonna go before this gets anymore weirder. Bug out!"

Ladybug winked at the pair before zipping away onto the streets of Paris. Whiplash watched Ladybug disappear into the distance before hitting Chat Noir on the head.

"Hey! What was that for?"

She chuckled before helping Chat Noir onto his feet and smiling widely at him.

"Come on kitty! Let's go!"

The pair exchanged similar looks before they both vaulted towards the familiar girl's apartment. They entered the apartment together through the open balcony before detransforming inside.

"You always give the best scratches, Claire. It's amazing."

Adrien boasted as he lazily threw himself on the couch as Claire served two cold glasses of iced tea for them. She smiled when Adrien happily shot up as she approached the couch with the glasses. She handed him one of the glasses as she sat next to him on the couch.

But aside from the superhero life, you might be wondering how things are doing between me and Adrien, recently and honestly, it's never been better. We are always bonding over the silliest things like our love for pastries and stuffed animals. You would think it would be awkward for exes to be friends but it's quite the opposite for us. We've never been closer and I can't even imagine my life without him now.

Claire and Adrien turned on the television to watch a movie whilst they wait for their friends to pick them up for the day. Today the gang wanted to spend the day at the beach, but due to the unplanned Akuma attack, they postponed it until later in the evening. The pair sat on opposite ends of the couch with a blanket wrapped around them. During the movie, Claire couldn't help but direct her attention towards Adrien who was deeply concentrated on the movie.

But it hasn't always been this easy. It was hard especially at the beginning, we were both very heartbroken about the breakup still. The first few months we rarely talked, we only interacted when necessary but even then it was hard for me to cope with the fact we weren't together. But we eventually got over that awkward stage and started hanging out more outside of school. And now we see each other almost every day and spend every hour we can together as friends. Best friends.