27- Final NEWT Exam

SERENA'S POV

"SNAPE!?" She screeched, "SNAPE IS MY UNCLE?"

"I knew this would be how she took it" Remus' voice came from the doorway. "James reacted the same Rena" He said, sitting next to his God Daughter.

"I- I'll be right back" She stuttered, running off to her bedroom to write a very much needed apology to her favourite boys, and uncle.

In her letter to the twins, she apologised about her fathers reckless behaviour and that they're welcome over to stay whenever, even though Sirius never said that.

To Severus, she told him everything. How she was sorry about his sister, sorry about her father and most of all her behaviour in her classes and she would be happy to re-connect over some ice cream, if he liked it. She didn't know if Snape was an ice cream person or not.

Happy with her use of words, Serena called over the family owl and ordered it to take the letters to the Burrow and to Hogwarts.

✦✦✦

"So, how is it at Hogwarts?" Serena asked her uncle. They were currently sat in the far corner of Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour.

"Out of control" Severus replied, "Ever since that stunt of yours and Mr and Mr Weasley's students have been out of control, threatening to 'pull a Weasley'" He scoffed.

Jokingly, Serena put her hand on her heart, pretending to be hurt about the fact people weren't threatening to 'pull a Black' after her and her father had run away from their homes that had turned to hell. "Thats absurd! What about me?"

Severus uncomfortably laughed at his nieces humour and continued to eat his mint ice cream.

"How on earth can you stand mint ice cream, don't you find it tastes like toothpaste?" Serena questioned, raising an eyebrow.

This had resulted in a long conversation about how her uncle thinks that mint ice cream is the only good flavour and in no way at all does it taste like toothpaste, his point being "What toothpaste have you tried which tastes of chocolate too?".

✦✦✦

Today was the day Serena was finally being able to visit Fred and George's shop, with snuffles. Her father had finally gotten used to the fact his daughter was just as stubborn as himself and that she wasn't going to let someone with dog breath ruin her relationship.

As soon as she apperated outside of the shop in Diagon Ally, she immediately felt the warmth radiating off of the building. On the outside, there was a large model of one of the twins (who continuously argued about it being them, their only point being that their the most attractive so it's them, despite being identical) lifting a top hat from their head and a bunny disappearing and reappearing.

Stepping into the shop, she was welcomed with the loudness of children running around, the occasional firework blowing up and the soft squeak of the pygmy puffs at the back. The scent of gunpowder that lingered on Fred's body whenever he stayed at 12 grimmauld place after work filling her senses.

"Hello ma'am" George began, gliding across the room to where the sound of a new customer came from. "Oh it's you" 

Serena mockingly stuck her tongue out at George's rude welcoming and congratulated him on the business. "Where's Freddie?" She asked.

"Upstairs in our flat, want me to take you to him?" George replied.

"No." She said flatly, getting a quizzical look from George. "Yes obviously, take me and snuffles upstairs now he's getting rather claustrophobic down by all these legs." Serena hinted, jerking her head to her father and all of the legs of the customers and the tables holding up their products.

"Yes sir!" George mock saluted as he lead the two upstairs.

Immediately Serena could tell that there was a silencing charm put on their flat and was very grateful, getting a slight headache at the loudness of the shop. George pushed open the door to their flat to be greeted by Fred, who had a white towel sitting on his hips, and water droplets hugging onto his define abs. Serena had to admit, he looked gorgeous.

Sirius must have also thought he looked a bit 'too attractive' as he transformed out of Snuffles and into his original self, then quickly transfiguring the towel into something more appropriate. 

"Nice place you've got." He spoke, breaking the silence and flopping himself down onto their sofa. "Kind of reminds me of my first flat I got when I was out of school."

✦✦✦

Her final NEWT was complete. And she felt like she was passing with flying colours after getting her uncle to secretly tutor her in potions throughout the Floo Network.

Just as she placed her quill down on the table, a bright green flash of light erupted from the fireplace. Curiously, Serena approached it to see Harry's face.

"Rena, where's Sirius?" He asked rather impatiently.

"Papa is out with Fred, said they needed to talk about something they should be back soon" She answered, the look on Harry's face dropping.

"He's in trouble, Voldemort" Serena flinched at the use of his full name. " Voldemort has taken him!"

"Harry don't be daft! Papa is out with Fred, they'll be back any minute don't go playing hero on us" She said playfully, trying to diffuse the newly formed tension.

"They have him in the ministry, department of mysteries. I'm going there to save him--" But before he could reply the fire cut out, and Harry was gone.

Not a second afterwards, Fred and Sirius had apperated back into the house, holding onto each other for support from their laughing attack.

"Harry's gone to the ministry-" Serena panted out, "He thinks you're in danger. He thinks You-Know-Who has you Papa!"

"Shit shit shit" Sirius cussed, casting the Patronus charm "Alert the Order that Harry's fallen into one of Voldemort's traps, come to headquarters as soon as possible!" He told the shaggy dog that came from his wand.

"This is about to get messy..." Fred sighed to no one in particular.

--

GET READY ITS ABOUT TO BE A BUMPY RIDE §says in Ernie from the night bus accent§

also apologies this is only a filler chapter for the month between the time she's home from school:).