14- Cooking for 10

SERENA'S POV

The Weasley children, Serena ,Hermione and Harry stayed in the living room for at least two hours catching up. The golden trio separated into their own corner of conversation, and Ginny Serena Fred and George in their own.

No one had dared mentioning Arthur or any events prior to not darken the mood. Instead, Christmas took a large portion of their conversations.

This year would be Serena's first year not having to deal with her fathers or Remus' terrible and burned Christmas Dinners and she would be surrounded by her friends, as well as family.

However close Christmas was, Serena was more exited to catch up with her father today after dinner.

Sooner or later, Molly Weasley arrived back from St Mungo's. She looked tired and dreadful. Serena couldn't blame her; her husband was nearly killed and she could do nothing about it.

"Molly, how about I cook supper for us all today? Would that be okay?" Serena asked the woman softly, in hopes to allow her to have some rest instead of running around the family.

"Oh dear how very kind of you, you don't have to-" She yawned "-But that would be very appreciated, I'm sorry dear I'm not usually like this" Molly smiled weakly, and turned on her heel up the croaking stairs to their temporary bedroom.

Serena nodded at the woman on her way out, and began her way to the kitchen.( Not like it was very far away anyways, but when you've come back from travelling all day any movement can take a lot of energy!) She soon cranked on her wireless which she had summoned from her bedroom and began to prepare the dinner.

Despite her offer, Serena had never cooked for 10 people at once. But she was up for the challenge. Serena was softly singing to herself as she charmed the knife to evenly cut up the vegetables and she stirred the soup sauce.

Serena was singing a muggle song called 'No Scrubs' under her breathe as she levitated the carrots and onions into the pan. Without realising, another person had entered the kitchen. They just sat at the table and admired Serena and how she sung in perfect pitch to the music, and how her hips swung in unison with her voice.

To him, she was perfect. But she didn't know that.

"ARGH! Fred you bastard you should have made yourself known!" Serena screeched, as she turned around from dancing to see Fred Weasley smirking and leaning against the kitchen counters. A blush slowly crept up her face as she realised he possibly saw and heard her singing and terrible dancing.

"You never told me you could sing love," He cooed, pushing himself of the counter and slowly walking over to Serena. "Don't poison me with whatever your cooking" The duo laughed and Serena began to dish up 10 bowls of soup for her family and the Weasley's.

She called everyone into the kitchen, Molly walking in last looking particularly sleepy but well rested. She gave Serena a great full smile and took a seat next to Remus.

Serena and Fred handed out the bowls of soup to everyone and they began to dig in. However not long after a few people muttered inaudible 'woah this is so good!' and a few 'bloody hell's from Ron's direction.

A smile crept up her face as she saw the family enjoying and scoffing down the food Serena had made. This was really what family is about.

✦✦✦

"Hey Papa, wanna catch up now?" Serena asked as she put away the last bowl into the cupboards.

"Not right now pup, we have an order meeting"

"But—" She pestered, but there was no use as he had already shooed her out of the kitchen and shut the door in her face.

"YOU KNOW I ALWAYS WANTED TO BE A PART OF YOUR SPECIAL LITTLE CLUB!" Serena yelled, finally having enough of being pushed away from her father. "I used to find it insulting that I wasn't allowed to be part of the order.But now I realise I lack the flexibility to become a member " She hissed. "I don't think I could ever get my head that far up my ass to PRIORITISE a mother's meeting over my own children" 

Tears threatened to spill from her eyes as she pounded on and screamed at the un-charmed door. She knew her father was on the other side, biting his tongue to not fight back. The tears finally let loose and burned as they rolled down her cheeks. She hadn't noticed, but her hair had changed to a flaming red with blue on her tips.

Anger. Sadness.

That's all she felt. And oh how she wished that scent of gunpowder and cinnamon would overtake her senses.

Wait?Fuck no. Serena get that silly thought out of your head, she kept telling herself as she walked up to the roof of the house.

This would officially be the most awkward Christmas ever.