27 - friend

The next day I got up early to go wake Harry up. I was exhausted but excited for the new day. I had a fresh slate with Calum, Kezia and Ian showed up and I was in Italy.

I slipped into his room and it was dark from the curtains being shut. I jumped on the bed next to him and he groaned.

"I just fell asleep a few hours ago," he whined with a tired voice.

"Well," was all I said.

"Go away."

"Don't tell me what to do," I giggled.

I moved up and got under the blankets.

"You better not be naked," I said and he laughed.

"Oh my god are you?" I squealed.

"No," he whined in a tired voice again.

"Good," I sighed and moved next to him.

"God, your skin is freezing," he said as I accidentally brushed against him.

"Sorry?" I chuckled and he hugged me. It was so nice because it was friendly. Nothing romantic.

"We have to get up," Harry said.

"Why do you think I came in here?" I asked him.

"To ruin my sleeping," he said.

"You're correct. Get up," I giggled.

I got up and then grabbed the blankets over him and ripped it off the bed. All he wore was a pair of sweats.

"You dick," he cursed and curled into a ball. He finally gave up and sat up. He put his feet on the floor, ankles covered by the end of the grey sweats, and sighed.

"Let's go get some coffee. Hurry up," I begged. "I think I'm gonna die if I don't get some in my system soon."

"Alright alright, let's find a chill pill while we're getting the coffee," He said and stood up. I flipped him off and just walked to the door.

"I'm gonna go change," I said.

"Good, I was afraid you wouldn't," He joked as I opened the door.

"Fuck you," I laughed and stepped out side.

Harry responded, "You already did last night." I rolled my eyes I looked two doors down to see Calum looking up from his phone at the words.

"Of course," I whispered to myself.

"Good morning," he said suspicious.

"Oh my god, I so so so promise you he was joking," I assured him, my eyes.

"Typical Harry," Calum laughed and I sighed of relief.

"I'm going to go change and then Harry and I were going to get some coffee.. want to come?" I asked.

"Sure," he tried to hide his smile as he nodded. I told him to wait as I went and changed.

I walked out to see Calum and Harry talking. They both looked at me and Harry said, "Hey Est," He had a weird smirk on his face. "Ready?"

"I'm always ready for coffee," I smiled.

"So, you guys have become quite fond of each other," Calum said.

"Absolutely no-"

"I hate this guy," I cut Harry off. Calum chuckled and I looked at Harry who had a straight face.

Harry gave me a scolding look and said, "Hey why don't you interrupt me!"

"Already did."

"God, you two are worse than siblings," Calum chuckled, brushing up against the wall as he looked at us.

"I would never be related to her," He said in disgust. I couldn't hold it any longer. I cracked a laugh and so did Harry. He put his arm around me playfully and I giggled.

"Nah, we're good friends. We got on well when I first met her," Harry smirked.

"If I recall, you poured a water bottle on me," I looked at him confused at his statement of "getting on well."

"That wasn't when we first met!" he seemed hurt that I had forgotten. "We were on a plane and you took a picture of Louis and I."

"You still do that don't you," Calum chuckled.

"Of course."

We reached the cafe in the hotel and found a table.

"If I leave you two alone, will you start fighting?" Harry asked.

"Screw you," I rolled my eyes.

"Yo-"

"No I didn't!" I laughed. Harry cracked a smile as he walked away from Calm and I who now sat down across from each other.

"How'd you sleep?" He asked.

"Good" I nodded. "You?"

"Good," He smiled. It was a bit awkward but I liked that we were both making the effort. There was a moment of silence until Calum spoke up again. "Do you guys always sleep in each other's rooms?" He asked.

"We never sleep in each other's rooms!" I laughed. "Except that one time we all got crazy drunk." I laughed at the thought.

"You guys are always coming out of one anothers rooms in the morning. I thought you were hooking up for a while," I noticed the red that formed in Calum's cheeks.

"Harry would come in and wake me up every morning. Sometimes I would wake him up. Who ever was awake first I guess."

Harry came back to the table with three coffees and some creme and sugar.

"Here, I just got a call that i need to get back to the room. Sorry, I thought I had a bit longer until we left," Harry laughed. He seemed a bit frustrated that he had to leave so soon. He always had such a tight schedule. There was never a time he could just sit.

"Okay," Calum nodded "See ya tonight."

Harry left and it was just Calum and I. It was the first time in what seemed like forever we were having a normal conversation and it felt just like it had been so long ago. We talked for a while and I told him about all of the things I did right after high school. I told him about my friends Kezia and Ian and how cool they are. He told me about all of the songs they were wrighting and the album. It was cool to have a friend become so big. I was really proud of him and it really made sense why he left. I started to feel foolish that I had acted the way I did.

Regardless, I was glad I could also call Calum a friend again. It's been too long.