28 - old friends

"That's right!" Steven's voice sounded happier than ever. "I'm finally back on my feet."

"I'm so happy for you." I told him. He smiled through the camera.

"Although, I do have to take things slow," he sighed.

"Well of course," I agreed.

"How has Eurpoe with the family been?" He asked.

"Good, and it feels great to rest."

"That's good," He shifted I the camera.

"I will be in North America soon." The excitement in my voice was all to obvious.

"Finally," he laughed. He started to get a bit distracted the deeper into our conversation we went until he finally said, "I have to go. I have some things to do." His voice sounded suspicious then.

"Okay.." I laughed at him. "You're acting wierd. Why are you acting weird?"

"I don't know what you're talking about," He shrugged. "When are you going to visit?"

"When I can... I have a few more weeks until we're anywhere close to you," I sighed.

"God, I miss you like crazy."

"You have no idea," I shook my head. I started to get teary-eyed at the thought of seeing my best friend again. I didn't know how much longer I could take of not seeing him. "But I'll let you go since you're busy."

"Alright Smurph," He smiled "I love you to pieces."

"Love you too," I smiled. I almost teared up again as I hung up. It was insane how much I missed my best friend. It feels like years since i've seen him. And yes it has been, somewhat, a year but I just can't wrap my finger around the fact that It's been so long.

Calum and I finally solved are differences and we're friends. This time for good. I never thought it would happen but we spent the last few weeks at each others side with the other boys as well. We got our gang back and all I needed was Sariah and Steven. Kezia and I talked a lot more and caught up with everything. I also talked to Ian a few times, even though his schedule was as busy as mine. It was nice to catch up and show them what my job was like. Of course I wasn't the only photographer. There were a couple others from our company but I never talked to them. They were a bit older than I was so we never clicked.

We finished the Europe portion of the tour and I was sad to leave. There were so many memories with the boys that there was no way I could forget any of it. I had my family come to Europe while on the Leg of the tour and we spend some time there. It was nice to rest and also see my family. I was happy I got to spend time with them. Ashton tagged a long for a while with Braelin but he soon had to go back to Australia for a bit to see family and sleep in his own bed.

Before I knew it, I was on a plane with Harry and Niall and we were on our way to Toronto, Canada.

I slept the whole plane ride and once we landed I still felt tired. I wasn't ready for the time change either. It was exhausting enough as it is. There were so many fans waiting to see Harry and Niall and I felt so bad because I looked so tired and mean. People also said hi to me but I wasn't who they wanted to see. As soon as I got to the car I was more awake but I was also very hungry. I was definitely going to order room service once I got to my hotel room.

It didn't take long to get to the hotel and once I got there Harry started to act weird. He was smiling like he was excited and It was bugging me since I was in such a tired mood.

"You're annoying today" I rolled my eyes.

"You're grouchy today." He laughed. We got into the elevator and he pushed a button and made some small talk with a few of the people around us. I kept quiet and held tight to the blanket in my arms and the suitcase next to me.

We got to the floor and when we turned a corner there was a huge box in the hallway.

"Ester, this says it's for you?" Calum said looking down at it.

"What?" I was confused. The tiredness was getting the best of me. "It was sent to a hotel?"

"Apparently," he shrugged. I walked to the box and it had fragile written all over it. It was only carboard but it wasn't small.

It had a bit of tape on it but it looked as if it was opened already.

"Did you open it?" I asked Calum, slightly annoyed, slightly laughing.

"No," He shook his head and put his hands up. He was lying or something was going on.

"I swear to god if this is some stupid prank I'm going to lite all of you on fire." I took a key and slit through the little tape that was on the top and opened it up. It was a bunch of styrofoam balls. I just stared at it, not in the mood.

A hand reached through the styrophom, freaking me out. I jumped back saying "Jesus!" I was about to punch the closest person but a voice I could recognize anywhere asked for help up. I pulled the hand and just who I thought came up.

"SARIAH," I screamed louder than I have in ages. I dropped everything and tackled her, almost falling into the box myself. I was so happy I almost had tears in my eyes. I noticed Luke was video taping this all.

"ESTER," She mimicked me. She hugged me back and I didn't let go for a whole minute. This must have been what Steven was smiling about. He knew she was here.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I giggled.

"I came to visit you." She smiled.

Because I was so distracted with Sariah, I could barley focus on my surroundings. Someone behind me cleared his throat and I turned to see Steven standing there. This time I broke out in tears. I covered my mouth as tears fell down my from my eyes. I ran into his arms and jumped, putting my legs around his torso. I cried into his shoulder and he hugged me tight.

"Oh my god," I cried and laughed at the same time. "It's really you."

"It is," He chuckled. I wouldn't let go because I wanted to take all of him at once.

"You bitch," I laughed, "You knew when I facetimed you earlier that you were coming. Didn't you?"

"Well, of course," he sassed me and I put my feet on the ground.

"How did you- when did this- I can't believe this!" I smiled. I hugged him again. I wiped the tears off of my face as I stayed in his embrace.

"Thank your boy toy," he whispered in my ear. I turned to Calum and he was smiling.

"This was you?" I asked him.

I moved down the hall with Steven who was still moving a bit slow. Calum was picking up the mess that Sariah and I made. I stopped him and he looked at me. "Well," he shrugged. "Harry helped a bit." I wrapped my arms around him and my mind exploded. I missed his touch and the warmth he had when we hugged. I missed the way it felt when he wrapped his arms around me.

"Thank you," I whispered to him.

"Anything for you," he told me. My stomach dropped at the words and I pulled away. Harry held out his arms.

"Who's the best?" he asked me, expecting the answer to be him.

"I am!" I said as I hugged him.

"Did you ever tell Cal?" he asked me quietly.

"It's a long story," I told him.

"You can tell me later," Harry chuckled. "Go hang out with your friends." He looked directly at Sariah and I chuckled.

"Step away boy, she's Luke's." I let go without saying anything further and moved to Steven and Sariah, leading them to my room.