19 - phone call

I covered my mouth and to hold in a joyful sob. 

"Oh my god, I was worried sick." I said honestly. I walked straight to my room and layed on the bed. "How are you feeling?"

"Like shit" He answered. "But I'm alive so."

"Damn straight." I chuckled. 

"When did you wake up?" I asked him.

"A few hours ago." He informed me "The doctors had to do some things with me before I could do anything else."

"What did they say?" I asked.

"That I have a major concussion and I need to rest as much as possible." Steven sounded upset by that. He'd never been the type of person to sit and watch TV all that day. 

"Steven, I can't begin to explain how happy I am to know that you're okay" I smiled. "I don't know what I would have done if you..."

"Smurph i'm okay." He assured me. 

"I'm going to get some time off of this damn tour and come visit you." I told him. 

"I can't wait" he smiled "Oh, but.. Sariah wants to talk to you." 

"Sariah's there?" I smiled madly. 

"Hello?" Her sweet voice said through the phone. 

"Oh my god I miss you so much" I practically yelled in the phone. 

"I do too" She giggled "How have you been?" 

"I've definitely been better.. finding out about this Steven thing was hard especially since I was so far away." I told her "But I'm so glad to hear he's okay."

"I think we all are" She agreed 

"Put her on speaker" I heard Steven say. 

"Smurph, how is One Direction?"

"They are the sweetest people i've ever met. They're so down to earth and they're a lot of fun to be around." I told them.

"I want to meet them" Sariah said.

"Me too" Steven agreed. 

"Maybe one day I can get you guys some passes and sneak you back here." I explained. "When they come around to Pasedena."

"When is that?" Steven asked.

"I think September" I sighed "God, that's so long. I'm gonna do something. I'll try my hardest. I'll pay for your flight if I have to."

"Oh, damn, speaking of money. How's that dank cash comin' in?" Steven asked and I laughed a genuine laugh. It felt good after being worried for so long.

"I honestly haven't payed much attention to it... I've been focusing on work." I shrugged.

"Typical Ester" I could almost feel Steven shaking his head "We're going on a shopping spree once I get out of this damned hospital."

"Alright." I laughed. 

"So how many of the boys have you made out with yet?" Sariah asked and I cracked a laugh, more of nervousness than anything.

"Oh my god.. She's made out with one of them." Steven could read my tone like a book.

"I haven't made out with anyone...." I giggled "But you can kiss someone without making out."

Voices erupted over the phone and I had to move the phone away from my ear so they wouldn't ruin my hearing. 

"Which one?" Sariah asked. 

"Do you guys know which one is Niall?" I asked.

"Oh my god" Steven squealed. 

"But it's-"

"Ester Murphy, don't you dare say it's nothing." Steven called me out. 

"No, i'm serious. I just don't have the time for that especially on a tour like this." I shrugged. "It was small but I think we're both over it."

I wasn't too sure on how Niall felt but I just wasn't exatly feeling it anymore. Taking a break from that whole couple thing really opened my eyes. I just needed to talk to him now.

God I hated talking to people like this. I just figured i'm hurting everyone and letting them down. 

"Is there anyone else on the tour that catches your eye?' Steven asked. 

"I can just imagine Ester hooking up with a stage crew guy on a soundboard." Sariah laughed. 

"Ew! Guys!" I cringed. "Stop" I giggled.

I thought about it and I was almost positive that I didn't tell Sariah or Steven about Calum being with us on the tour.

"Guys" I said seriously "Guess who's here..."

Thinking about him made my stomach hurt. After he told me he never wanted to talk to me again... I was really disappointed. 

"Oh god..." Sariah said. 

"Who." Steven asked, extremely interested. 

"Michael Clifford, Ashton Irwin, Luke Hemmings... and...." I stopped.

"NO" Sariah spoke up first. 

"Calum Hood." I said quietly.

"How many times have you hooked up?" Steven asked.

"Not even once!" I told him like it should have been a known fact.

"Oh c'mon Ester.. you were head over heals for him!" Steven laughed "How could you not"

"Steven you know why" I told him. 

"Murphy, how does something like this happen to you." Steven asked. 

"You, out of everyone" Sariah sounded as though she might have been smiling. 

"So what happened when you saw him?" Steven asked.

"Did you even know he was going to be there or was it a surprise?" Sariah asked. 

"And what did he do?" Steven asked. "Oh god, and what did the other boys do?" 

I just laughed, remembering the first time I saw them while Harry dumped a water bottle all over me.

"Well damn." I laughed at all their questions and the momories.

"What?" Sariah asked.

"You better sit down because this is a long ass story..." I told them.

"Alright." Sariah said "I'm sitting"

"Wait let me grab a chair." Steven said sarcastically. 

I laughed at him and shook my head. 

"Steven" I giggled "You're an idiot."

"Okay, i'm sitting" Steven said.

"Alright... well Harry and I are good friends right..."

"Wait you and Harry Styles are friends?" Sariah laughed.

"Shh" Steven shushed. 

"Anyways.. he decided to wake me up one morning by dumping a water bottle all over me........"