Years later

(edited with new pic made specifically for the fanfic, i apologize if it looks a little off, i'm still learning the shows art style)

 Elizabeth's POV:

It had been a week since we moved to Old Corona, it was a small village with not many people.

I had barely gotten to know anyone yet.

I was standing outside shooting targets with my bow and arrow, wasn't much else to do, or so i thought.

"Watch out!!" I heard a voice yell.

I dropped my stuff just as i was pushed to the side by a kid running by.

Well i say 'kid' he seemed to be about my age.

"I am so sorry about that" he laughed as he reached out his hand to help me up.

I let my eyes adjust to the sun before i could see his face clearly.

He seemed familiar...

I noticed a streak of blue in his hair.

I only knew one person who had that, it was something that was hard to forget...

"Varian?" I said.

"How do you know my name?" He asked, guess he didn't remember me.

Suddenly it seemed like he had a look of realization on his face.

"Have you been hearing the rumors about me being a wizard? Just to clear things up, i'm not! I'm an alchemist" he said.

"Wizard, Alche- what? No! No! You don't recognize me?" I asked.

He tilted his head and looked at me as if he was thinking about it.

"Elizabeth? Ellie?" I tried to tell him.

"Sounds vaguely familiar" he said.

"Our mom's were friends?" I said.

"Oh! oh..." he said, seeming shaken by what i said.

"Are you ok? Was it something i said?" I asked.

"No i- it's fine....it's just...i haven't heard anyone talk about my mom in...years..." he said.

"Oh, i am so sorry i didn't mean to-" i said.

"No it's alright...helped jog my memory..." he sighed "she...disappeared a few weeks after the last time we saw eachother" he explained.

"I'm so sorry...Varian" i said.

He sighed "it's ok"